well i am a idiot!!!!!! (PICS)

You could easily compound that spot out with either a rotary or DA polisher and some OTC compound like Meguiar's or 3M. Follow it up with a finer polish, then a wax/sealant.

If you're not experienced, stay away from the rotary as you can certainly burn through the clear cloat if you're not paying attention. With a DA polisher, it would take you quite a while to damage the clear and you darn sure aren't going to burn it away using any hand technique.

If your fingernail doesn't snag or grab the scratches then there is no need for a wetsand. Don't expect instant results with a liquid compound. it might take 2-4 passes, each pass taking about 3-5 minutes until the product is either gone or powdery.

If you're in the N Fla area, I'd be happy to fix it up for you.

I vote for taking it to a reputable body shop (finding one would be the toughest part).

My car was side swept one day. Luckily, the idiot only broke my sideview mirror and scratch my door. I could feel the scratches, so I it was pretty bad.
Took it a body shop I know if, and they got ALL the scratches off except the really deep one.

Good luck OP.

1. For anyone else, to avoid making the same mistake... Goo Gone is your friend... (cool)

goo-gone.jpg

SHOPPING

2. I just sh*^ myself when I saw that picture :(

3. Hot water IMO is okay, but takes way to long, Goo Gone will get
98% of all 'sticky' material off paint and barely get into the clear coating.

4. What you've done to the 'paint' is scratched the clear coating, only
TRUE fix, (yes there are shelf products out there, good luck, power to you
on that) is taking it to a body shop and let them work on it for 20-30 min,
now someone mentioned $50.00, that is dirt cheap IMO to fix a MISTAKE
made on your part.

5. Just be glad it's fixable and cheap compared to:

YES THAT IS ALL TREE SAP, NOT RAIN !! (pissed)

img_8972-copy.jpg

LINK

Good luck, PLEASE! post pictures when you do get it fixed, before and after like (breakn)

Peace!(rei)

Sarge, that's what I used and it came off without any problems.

Glenn |B)

Back