Weird Whine noise from engine bay that increases in pitch as speed increases

Driverman5777

:
Mazda Speed6
So recently I had a broken speed sensor on my front right wheel, got that fixed. However recently I have been experiencing a kinda electrical sort of whine that increases in pitch as speed increases... most prominent 60 mph and up. My 4wd light flashed at two instances but the dealer told me that was because of the speed sensor which also brought up the stability control light, the abs light, and the DSC off light... any ideas what this whine could be and if it is normal?

Thanks,

Logan

take the car back to the dealer and have a tech ride with you. It is probably the same thing again or something else that they need to take care of. If this car is under warranty they have to check it out. If not then go to another dealer. But I don't know what it is. Speed sensors in the wheels could be doing that but it may be something else. If there are lights on and other things coming on then you need to make that dealer fix the problem. Plain and simple.

yea... speed sensor was just fixed... I know its not that. cause it was fixed last week. but the sound is still there... just no lights and its pretty faint, so it wouldn't be hard for them to say they didnt hear it.

yea... speed sensor was just fixed... I know its not that. cause it was fixed last week. but the sound is still there... just no lights and its pretty faint, so it wouldn't be hard for them to say they didnt hear it.

just because they said they fixed it doesn't mean it is. Just take it back and see even if there is no light..

Back