Weird stuff going on

mgerst1

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege MAZDASPEED Laser Blue Mica
Twice now while driving I have slowed down to make a turn or come to a stop, push in clutch and shift into lower gear as i near the stop or the turn, and all of a sudden the car dies as if I had stalled but it starts right back up. I have not had a chance to check fuses yet so other than that i have no idea what is going on.

New problem that i noticed last night, while driving, even out of boost or just getting near boost my car is stuttering i push the gas it goes but you can feel it slightly stumble. I checked all the charge pipes and vac connections but I have not found anything to be loose. my idle vac pressure is fluctuating between 19 and 21, sometimes at idle it reads 19 or just under 20, sometimes it reads 20 and sometimes it reads 21. Im pretty sure its not the wga since mine is still pretty new and i dont really get on the car all that much plus when it was running fine i could boost and it did not go above 7

I dont have alot of time to look for everything and anything, im in the middle of finals so any clues that can narrow down my problem are appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
maybe check ur exhaust manifold for cracks or cracks in your those plastic intercooler pipes

The idle vac sounds a tad on the low side. But unless it used to read higher, it's probably not a vac leak... still worth checking out though. If you have access to a code reader, check to see if there are any codes pending.

i do still have one plastic charge pipe (cold pipe) and the vac reading is not normal for me. Im taking it to shop monday so i can have code read and have them fix whatever it is, i dont have time or the space to do anything myself right now

Okay yeah if the vac reading is lower than normal, you can almost bet that's a crack in the cold pipe. Likely at the BPV nipple.

Okay yeah if the vac reading is lower than normal, you can almost bet that's a crack in the cold pipe. Likely at the BPV nipple.

that would be good news, give me an excuse to finally install the turbohoses colpipe i have sitting in my room

Back