Weird sound coming from the back when rolling slowly

kk52736

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege 5
Weird sound coming from the back when rolling slowly, not sure where is from, but sound like stretching or what, but it only come out when rolling slowly or braking to almost stop.

does anyone have the same weird sound?

BTW mine is 2003.5 P5 stock, and sure not from the muffler or brakes.

maybe the end-link of the sway bar,or a wheel bearing,have you hit something,or a hole?does it kind of drag,or clunk,or both?

check your rear calipers, make sure they aren't sticking as some people have experienced

i never hit anything at all, and i don't think that sound draging or clunking too, it just kind of stretching sound or knocking sound from the back of car when rolling slowly. and start getting my worry, do you think this is under warranty or not since my car is 2003????

it is probably the sway bar links,or even the exhaust system that is loose under the car,it should be on warranty,depending on whats broken,but you see,if its one thing i mentionned,its expensive to fix anyways...

i already called mazda this morning and have my car in on thursday since my warranty still good until september this year, and they will look at them, and i will keep this update here.

BTW there is also stretching/clunking/knocking sound when go over speed bump too

haha problem solved, it is under warranty, what mazda need to do with my car is replace the stabilizer link at rear wheel and replace the suspension bushing.

i have the same issues lately, i'm sure it's due to the 2 feet of snow and cool temps we just got in edmonton

if you got the same problem, you should send your car in for warranty, they are under warranty anyway.

do you guys has little high pich sqeaking noise from engine, even on warm engine?

Back