weird smell

jasony88

hello everyone

I just recently got a 2003 protege5 @ 37000km and i gotta say i love this car

i have one problem, everytime i turn off the car and get out theres this weird smell...its not exactly a burning smell, im not quite sure how to explain how it smells like but its really weird...

-its not the parking break because i made 100% sure it was off while driving

-i thought it might be the using the manumatic(tiptronic) improperly...but even driving with fully automatic the smell is still there...

anyone have n e idea what this might be?

jasony88 said:
hello everyone

I just recently got a 2003 protege5 @ 37000km and i gotta say i love this car

i have one problem, everytime i turn off the car and get out theres this weird smell...its not exactly a burning smell, im not quite sure how to explain how it smells like but its really weird...

-its not the parking break because i made 100% sure it was off while driving

-i thought it might be the using the manumatic(tiptronic) improperly...but even driving with fully automatic the smell is still there...

anyone have n e idea what this might be?

I think I know what your talking about. It's the sort of burning smell not so burning smell... I think its normal dunno what it is though hehe...

Does it smell like it's due to friction or burning/combustion? I think I read something about the car producing a stronger-than-normal sulpher smell from the exhaust. Other than that, I'd check for a stuck caliper, as someone else suggested.

Back