Weird misfire problem

curiosul

:
2007 CX9
2007 90k miles

Everything started with a CEL and the engine running somehow badly. Then, as I got home, it got to really bad - engine almost stopped a few times.
Codes were P0353 and P0355 (ignition coil 3 and 5). Taking the most obvious route, I changed the ignition coils for cylinder 3 (very easy) and started the car - it ran ok. I went ahead and changed no. 5 plus all the sparkplugs.
Fired up the engine - it ran really bad, same codes.
Suspecting I got the cylinder numbering wrong, I wanted to switch 5 and 6 but I noticed that the coil no. 6 was REALLY hot (after 2-3 minutes of running in total).
I switched one of the old coils onto no.6 - same codes 353 and 355.
I put the hot one back on 6 and I disconnected no.5 (to make sure one of the codes include cylinder 5).
The codes became 355 and 356
I connected no.5 back - code 356 (with the hot coil).
At this point it became a bit clear: 3 and 5 were broken, 6 got bronken for a weird reson (when it got hot).
I went to the store, got a new one, put it on 6, started the car - 353 and 355
I checked no.6 - hot as hell (this time, hot not for a long time + new = not broken yet)
I checked EVERYTHING again, including the sparkplug, I switched 4 and 6, started the car - P0306 (misfire 6) and engine running relatively bad. I switched coil packs again - same result.

So, as of right now I have misfire cylinder 6 while:

new sparkplug
new ignition coil
injector seems to be working (ticking while doing the "screwdriver test")

When I took out the upper intake manifold, I noticed that the gaskets were ... getting old. Beside that, what else should I look at?

Thanks in advance!

Back