Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liner - Now Available for CX-5

Weathertech missed the point?

You track snow into your car. You use the heater. The snow melts. The tray is now awash in water. You can let it remain retained by the mat and have it evapourate, increase the interior humidity, and eventually have it form frost on the interior windows. Alternatively you can carefully pull the mat and dump out the water before putting the car away to reduce interior frosting. In the Great White North I do mat removal of the shaped front mats in the Volvo. Looking at the shaped mats made for the CX-5 I note that the rear mat is a one piece construct. I realize this gives carpet coverage fo anyone sitting back-center, but it makes the rear mat nearly impossible to remove without spilling accumulated winter water.

I very seldom have a third rear seat passenger. Is the rear mat so made that you could cut away the hump section without the result looking like a butcher-job?

Yes you could easily cut the center hump out and dump easier. However I wouldn't do that because my kids will walk with their muddy shoes over the hump and get that carpeting very dirty in wintertime especially. I think I will sacrifice a towel for mopping up water. In the front mats they are snapped in and I think that dumping will be a pain since to snap out you have to use a bit of force and that will flick the water everywhere. Again a towel will sop it up just fine and then once in a while I'll take out and clean.

Just got my Weather Tech mats for the CX5 and the fit is perfect. On my old car, Honda Odyssey, the mats were designed a bit better to actually lip out over the edge and drain the water naturally. I should say the Odyssey had a better/different design of the contour to allow the mats to easily drain water...

Paid $169 + $18 ship in the US. Got 'em in 3 days...

Anyone know if they make a cargo liner yet?

Yes you could easily cut the center hump out and dump easier. However I wouldn't do that because my kids will walk with their muddy shoes over the hump and get that carpeting very dirty in wintertime especially. I think I will sacrifice a towel for mopping up water.

Gilbert:

Thank you for this. I can safely make the cut - my little one now makes a living at software maintenance and we are considering what to do with the room in the house vacated when he took an apartment. :) Acquisition currently stymied by the local dealer having no GTs on the lot. This delays a necessary test drive.

If it is not bad form to ask an unrelated question, how are folks finding the CX-5 for on-road quiet? And for context, what does the new ride replace? I will be replacing a 1999 Volvo S70. The nicest car I ever owned; but not the best.

Brian

Thank you forum, thank you WeatherTech

We picked up our CX-5 (GT, AWD pearl white with black leather) Friday and hubby installed WeatherTech mats Saturday before we went to work. As always, we filled a pump pot with coffee and put it on the floor in back seat. As bad luck would have it, the pot leaked for the first time. No worries. WeatherTech was a hero, spilling not a drop onto our new CX-5 carpet. We just sopped it up with rags.

We only learned of WeatherTech mats thanks to this forum -- so cheers to you, forum members! And cheers to WeatherTech, too.

Now please hurry, WeatherTech, and produce the CX-5 cargo liner, too...so we can avoid another new car disaster.

I got my weather tech liners two days ago. They are a perfect fit, and are rigid. They clicked right in place after removing the OEM rugs that came with my car.

I found the OEM cargo liner for about $63 and ordered it from Rosenthal Mazda Parts.

I got my weather tech liners two days ago. They are a perfect fit, and are rigid. They clicked right in place after removing the OEM rugs that came with my car.

I found the OEM cargo liner for about $63 and ordered it from Rosenthal Mazda Parts.

I bought the same combo. I like the OEM cargo liner better, as the lip is shorter. If you put the seats down for long items, it accommodates them much better.

The OEM cargo liner is rubber and covers the entire floor area including the little cup holder things on the side. It was $63 and is so much cheaper than the weathertech one. I've had mine for a little while now and it's been perfect.

The OEM cargo liner is rubber and covers the entire floor area including the little cup holder things on the side. It was $63 and is so much cheaper than the weathertech one. I've had mine for a little while now and it's been perfect.

I agree the OEM one is half the price and really nice. Its thick rubber that does not let items slide around.

I agree the OEM one is half the price and really nice. Its thick rubber that does not let items slide around.

One of you mind posting a picture? I agree on the WT site it looks like the side of the mat could be annoying with large items when the seats are down... but it's hard to tell when they don't even show a picture of the one fitted for the CX-5, I hate one-fit-all pictures.

Here's what mine looks like:

CameraZOOM-20120604162903640.jpg

Thanks raden. I like that it doesn't have those rows of bumpy ridges like the CX-7 cargo tray that my Father-In-Law has. My dog will appreciate that. I think I'm going with the Mazda one.

I wish somebody made some sort of protector for the interior wheel humps(?) Those get scratched if you look at them funny.

Does weathertech carpets available for right hand side driver cx5?

Or i could just use the one for the left side driver?

Here's what mine looks like:

CameraZOOM-20120604162903640.jpg

Thank's I've decided to get the Mazda one, much cheaper.

Back