Weather

Only one way to find...go out and drive in that kind of weather! Since I've had my Pro, it seems to do well in just about all kinds of weather. I'm not sure how your tires are, but that will affect handling in precipitation greatly.

Neither rain, snow...

This is my second winter with my P5 and I'm very satisfied. I use 14" Yokohama Gardex 720 and they are VERY good in icy conditions, grip is fair at low speeds in the snow but excellent over 40mph. My two previous cars were Civics and they were very light so traction wasn't good in deep snow. The P5 is much better.

I still have the OEM's Dunlop for summer driving, no complaints at all.

Well, here we are with what's left of 3ft of snow!

I have had the P5 for the last 2 months and have been extremely pleased with the car and would recommend it to anyone.

The other day after spending 2 hours digging out, I thought I would drive the wifes SUV 4X4 as it should have better traction in the snow / ice mix that was out there.

How wrong I was! Now, I don't know if it's because the P5 has newer tires or is lighter - I don't know, but the SUV was terrible in the mix while the P5 seemed to handle a whole lot better.
More control and just felt overall better - it didn't get stuck once!
I was wondering how much better would it have been if the P5 was 4X4?!! - The perfect ride???!

I find it difficult to get going sometimes in the snow, but once its going its not bad. I was driving an A4 AWD and it has been a big learning curve for me. I will defiantly get snow tires next winter. I think the P5 is just as lite in snow as other import FWD.

Back