Weather stripping....

Canadian Bear

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES Van: 2006 Ford Freestar SEL
Unfortunately, I have damaged weather stripping around my passenger side door. This happened because I tried to get into my Protege with the doors locked and running. The coat hanger made much more of a mess then I expected. Needless to say, I am disappointed for having a mental lapse, and leaving my spare key in my wallet in the center console.
I have learned from this experience (and $53 for calling a towing company and the damage that I caused) to have a third key made for such stupidity.
Anyway, I am curious to know, does anyone have weather stripping (for the passenger door/car frame) that they are willing to part with? Funding can be negotiated.

LOL, I did the same thing a couple years ago, and I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I am going to order it from onlinmazdaparts.com, I believe Jason quoted me @15-20. I'm just waiting until I need some other stuff so I can get free shipping :)

D-rock240 said:
LOL, I did the same thing a couple years ago, and I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I am going to order it from onlinmazdaparts.com, I believe Jason quoted me @15-20. I'm just waiting until I need some other stuff so I can get free shipping :)

I am disappointed with the damage that I have caused, and now it will cost me over $100 (stealership) to have the weather stripping replaced, and that doesn't include the paint repair. I am going to do more research to get a better price.

It isn't noticeable until you look at where the door and the car come together. My wife keeps telling me that it isn't a big deal, but I know the damage is there and it sucks.

Some asshole tried to break into my car before it was my car. In the process, they ripped up the weather stripping on both front doors, dented the upper door jamb, and screwed up that black vinyl on the upper doors. I haven't done anything other than use some touch up paint on the door jamb and start removing the black vinyl.

I haven't had any leaks so it may not be all that critical of an issue for you.

........ just a thought.

Tom03es said:
Some asshole tried to break into my car before it was my car. In the process, they ripped up the weather stripping on both front doors, dented the upper door jamb, and screwed up that black vinyl on the upper doors. I haven't done anything other than use some touch up paint on the door jamb and start removing the black vinyl.

I haven't had any leaks so it may not be all that critical of an issue for you.

........ just a thought.

I haven't noticed any leaks, and I am lucky for that. I will get it fixed someday.

How are you supposed to remove the old weatherstripping around the doors without cutting it off? The door hinge is in front of the strip. How would I get the stripping around the hinge? I don't have to remove the door from the car, do I?

BUMP for a solution. I'm stuck. I'm in my garage waiting for an answer. How do I get the new stripping on? I don't understand how to remove the pin that is holding the stop since it's tapered.

BUMP! Still waiting here like an idiot with the door open. Trying to think of ways to get the strip around the door.... Soo simple, yet such a PITA to actually do.

You don't notice leaks because it always leaks there's drain holes in the doors for when it rains.

So far the protege is the only car I've owned that doesn't have a sweet spot you can hit to unlock it, 323's are extremely easy along with 88-91 civics

Back