Waxing in 95 degrees and 100% humidity

altspace

Contributor
:
1990 RX-7 Turbo II
Marc (Zelse) and I spent 5-6 hours detailing his black RX-8 in my garage. I must have lost 3 lbs of water just from perspiring during that time. In the end it was all worth it and we journeyed out for some photos. Hope you enjoy.

mj1.jpg

mj2.jpg

mj3.jpg

mj4.jpg

mj5.jpg

mj6.jpg

mj7.jpg

mj8.jpg

mj9.jpg

mj10.jpg

100% humidity would be raining.

But your car looks great as always.

Excellent pics as usual altspace. They make me want to get myself a black RX-8
lol

beautiful cars. I did the same thing myself yesterday, with similar heat. My black Speed3 does not have the same depth of color as your RX8. Any secrets you care to share? :)

beautiful cars. I did the same thing myself yesterday, with similar heat. My black Speed3 does not have the same depth of color as your RX8. Any secrets you care to share? :)

My 8 is the red one. The humidity was brutal for sure. If I did not have help I would have never attempted it that day.

I used my PC7424 for all applications. Car had smooth surfaces from clay bar before hand.

Process
1. Wash/Dry
2. Menzerna PowerGloss
3. Poor Boys SSR1
4. Meg's Step 5

Was planning to put on a coat of Natty's Paste Wax Blue, but after all that we were simply beat from the heat.

my last question, cause I know this is not the proper forum. but always thought Menzerna was super aggressive. Was the car is bad shape, or is my conception of what is "to aggressive" overblown. I use the porter cable as well and think I must try this Menzerna or similar product.

Thanks again.

you should put your rims on the black car, just to see how it would look.

Last edited:
my last question, cause I know this is not the proper forum. but always thought Menzerna was super aggressive. Was the car is bad shape, or is my conception of what is "to aggressive" overblown. I use the porter cable as well and think I must try this Menzerna or similar product.

Thanks again.

powergloss is a pretty heavy duty compound, but he followed with ssr.1 which is a final polish, and will remove any compounding marks that PG left.

josh you didnt have any issues with PG in that kind of humidity? Menz products are pretty touchy, and if the temp/humidity isnt right, theyll either break down to quickly or dust alot which are among some problems ive experienced working with the menzerna products i have in different climates.

but i love their products, and menz polishes and compounds are some of the best on the market.

oh and great pictures as always =)

Thx guys. Yes, the Menz stuff was really fun to work with in the humidity.....riiiiiight.

Fav pic!

mj30.jpg

Nice work...The Cosmo could use a serious waxing as well...The humidity is hitting hard this summer...It's brutal!

Latest posts

Back