Water to air intercooler complete PICS INSIDE!

and you will be making these for the public when?? :)..but seriously if u wuld take orders for these im sure you could get alot of buyers.. i think its an awesome idea, and looks friggin sweet in the engine bay..

I am going to start pricing stuff out tomorrow. Bare with me on this because my days are long at work....the Army can take up a great deal of my day. Thanks everyone for the comments!

Looks awesome, someone explain why the top of your engine is blue? What exactly is going on here? You changed the air inter cooler to a water one, yes?

What are the benefits? Drawbacks?

Are you going to use a remote reservoir that you can load with ice?

Common practice on Gen 2 Lightnings and '03-'04 Cobras that get drag raced.

Looks awesome, someone explain why the top of your engine is blue? What exactly is going on here? You changed the air inter cooler to a water one, yes?

What are the benefits? Drawbacks?

LOL

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's just paint (or powder coating) for aesthetic purposes.

Water/Air IC's have some advantages over Air/Air IC's because they offer much less turbo lag from the small core and suffer less from heat soak during stop and go traffic. They're a lot more common with supercharged setups for instant throttle response, since superchargers run off a pulley. They also don't completely block your radiator and disrupt airflow to your cars cooling system.

IDRVSLO,

Are going to mount a pair of fans to that heat exhanger? I bet a pair of 6 1/2" fans would fit that nicely: http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/trimline-fan.html

Last edited:
Looks good. You squeezed that core in there good lol

you have a resevoir? If you arent holding at least 2 gallons for a daily driver, I recommend it. Coolant and especially water heatsoak fast (i know thats what the heat exchanger is for), but the water doesnt stay in there very long. Mine would heatsoak pretty fast when i was testing it without a tank. In fact i think we have the same pump if thats the bosch unit. Might be something to keep an eye on.

Nice job though. The benefits of short piping make it so worth it.

Last edited:
Back