Water leaking from the bottom of the car?

WHY

:
2014 MAZDA5 GT
3 months old Mazda 5 with less then 3000KM. It was leaking water like clear liquid after I turn the engine off. (picture took from the passenger side, near front wheel, I tried took a picture under the car but its too dark) its been happening 3 days in a row and I check all the fluid and all seems full (and no fluid looks clear?) is there something I should worry about? and any idea where would that water come from?

20150127_153313 (Medium).jpg
20150127_171127 (Medium).jpg
20150127_171141 (Medium).jpg

that usually the case but I haven't use Air con for weeks. using the fan only wouldn't have condensate I thought?

that usually the case but I haven't use Air con for weeks. using the fan only wouldn't have condensate I thought?

I believe on your model, the a/c turns on when the defroster is used? Have you used the defroster and then parked someplace warmer with higher humidity, so the a/c would condense out the moisture? It does look like water. What does it taste like :)

Yes you are in a humid climate so I'm sure it would occur frequently. I'm in Medicine Hat, technicaly a dessert, and mine leaves water on the right side all the time, and yes the AC is used in the Defrost.

Nothing to worry about at all. :)

Ya, it has been wet and humid here, mine is wet under as well.
The A/C is on in most modes, I think only floor modes actually don't turn the a/c on, in every other mode the a/c is running to dry out the incoming air and help with the defogging.

ok thanks, I will just keep an eye on it for now. all my other cars doesn't pee as much except my Italian bikes which always try to mark its territories.

I'm having the same problem... its from the ac and its soaked the heatshield underneath the car.

Anyone know how I can fix it?? is it ac condensate that needs to drain?? if so, surely it should be draining elsewhere and not onto the heatshield.

Check the location of the drain pipe.
It should to straight onto the ground, you can re-direct it a bit if needed.

Back