Water in Engine Bay?

p0421 is the only code my car has thrown so far. I still get it occasionally. It does not impact driveabilty at all. My 2nd 02 needs to be replaced but I have not cats so I'm waiting until cannot pick up any signal. The CEL always goes off after a drive cycle or two.

What kind of intake manifold do you have stock or 626?

Send a PM to hornsfan. He's a cool guy and Mazda tech. Maybe he can give you some other ideas for things to check.

Yeah It's the same code I've gotten a few times myself. Mine also comes and goes when driving. I figured that code would be no real help as soon as I seen what it was. I currently have the stock manifold on the car. I'll have to send him a pm if I can't find something out within the next day or two. This problem is actually giving me a reason to get the bumper pulled back off and finally get that crash bar trimmed to make my FMIC install look cleaner while also looking for vacuum leaks. Also need to get my fogs working again. So I guess that's a plus.

As stupid as it is, I honestly believe it was contaminated or watered down fuel. I just let the car burn up most of what was in the tank, and topped it off with fresh gas and after a drive cycle or two the car is running much better. No hesitating or stumbling. Car starts right up and idles great. Havent had an idling/driving issue all week of going back and forth to work. I put about 150 miles on it and its driving fine. Only problem is a definite vacuum leak. Im pretty sure the past couple weeks of driving the car hard like I was made it larger. I cant find the leak anywhere but you can definitely hear it. My blow off valve still doesnt want to vent like it used to. only under really hard acceleration. I actually made room and have it up on jackstands in my garage right now because I plan on getting the wheels powdercoated next week. While its in the garage I plan on cutting my crashbar a bit and re running my pipes and vacuum sources. Thanks for all of your help and ideas guys, I appreciate it. Im just glad its running better now.

Back