Warranty refused on 2011 CX-9

I never know that the CX9 has a low oil indicator? I have the same year and i never seen that. Maybe the maintenance light?

'12 doesn't--it only has a picture of an oil can--low oil pressure.

Attachments

• CX-9 IP.png
    CX-9 IP.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 141
'12 doesn't--it only has a picture of an oil can--low oil pressure.

...the 'oil' light is not a 'low oil' light it's a 'you did something wrong and it's sucking air' light.

This the truth. Now if only I could get the service manager at my dealer to admit that when the light comes on and there is a noise there is no oil in the engine and this it is not just a quart low. And to admit his monkey's in the back never put oil in our CX9 before they let it be driven out of the garage.

Sorry to hijack. Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Did we ever hear from the Original Poster. Either they changed the oil or did not. If they truly did not know they should have changed the oil at proper intervals on a brand new vehicle, it may speak to some larger issues of awareness.

Did we ever hear from the Original Poster. Either they changed the oil or did not. If they truly did not know they should have changed the oil at proper intervals on a brand new vehicle, it may speak to some larger issues of awareness.

OP's a troll. I don't think we're going to hear back from him.

There are people who don't know they need to change oil at all.
I ran into one. The oil was black when I saw it. At 50K miles, never changed.

Back