Warranty Good Parts for MS6 (Building a list)

Nice for a 1st car :). Not dissing you or anything. When I was 16 I got a volvo s40. Parents wouldn't let me choose my car !

s***, my first was a '92 Dodge Daytona...then a '03 Protege, now the MS6. Next...M3, IS-F, or S5.

I like how he says HE spent a lot. What job at the age of 16/17 would provide that kind of money. (THESE CARS ARE EXPEN$IVE TO MOD) While it would be nice, I find it very hard to have respect for someone who's mommy and daddy have purchased everything for them in life.

This is probably attributed to the fact that I have had to work for everything I own. AND I KNOW for a fact that theres no way he purchased most of the stuff on that list, going to High School in under a year, with a normal 17 year old job. I started out as a machinist at 15 (Uncle's Shop) making $10.50 an hour, which was damn good money for that age. I have since worked my way through the industry and am a Machinist at an Internationally accredited company making $23+/hour and I would find it hard myself to buy all that stuff.

Granted, I have bills, but I highly doubt this kid bought this stuff himself. Also, I'm with Killer on this one...pics or BS. The pics provided show NO modification to the vehicle. I'm sorry for getting all wound up, but I work for a living and don't accept hand outs. People that have had it that way from birth, sicken me. Just my $.02.

s40 turbo? the car to the left is a s60r

anyways. this is a nice first car. I was expecting to use the money I saved to buy a cheap 240sx and mod the s*** outta it but my parents said not safe. all my parents kds have new cars so they wanted to get me a new accord v6. after seeing the price I looked around for same price cars that I would like. I skipped the ms6 due to price but the rebates made it reasonable. parents saw it, safety ratings, insurance. and it was good!

the mods I did pay for myself. I got the car months free I joined these forums and did research. within 100 miles I got flash and rear diff replaced from dealer. I used to own a freeipod type of site and made a couple of grands. the mods total was about half my profits. ( I stopped when most other sites stopped due to less advertises and payout. I now get 14 an hr doing paperwork for a tutoring place.

I'm not a stupid teenager that shows off and oversteers into curbs . sleeper look ftw

I like how he says HE spent a lot. What job at the age of 16/17 would provide that kind of money. (THESE CARS ARE EXPEN$IVE TO MOD) While it would be nice, I find it very hard to have respect for someone who's mommy and daddy have purchased everything for them in life.

This is probably attributed to the fact that I have had to work for everything I own. AND I KNOW for a fact that theres no way he purchased most of the stuff on that list, going to High School in under a year, with a normal 17 year old job. I started out as a machinist at 15 (Uncle's Shop) making $10.50 an hour, which was damn good money for that age. I have since worked my way through the industry and am a Machinist at an Internationally accredited company making $23+/hour and I would find it hard myself to buy all that stuff.

Granted, I have bills, but I highly doubt this kid bought this stuff himself. Also, I'm with Killer on this one...pics or BS. The pics provided show NO modification to the vehicle. I'm sorry for getting all wound up, but I work for a living and don't accept hand outs. People that have had it that way from birth, sicken me. Just my $.02.

I understand your point but saying you have no respect for someone is a little much. Both of my parents are accomplished physicians so im lucky I never had to deal with money issues. We aren't "rich" by any means but I lived a good lifestyle and my parents bought me my 1st car and my speed 6. Im also 21 years old and starting medical school next year at UT. Yes I had a nice car given to me on my 16th birthday but I think your forgetting those things are superficial. Success is not something thats bought (unless your paris hilton rich . . . ) In this country ANYONE can become successul regardless of the situation.

Sorry if I took your comment out of context but I dont think its fair critisizing someone who got a used speed 6 as his 1st car. Mazdas arent expensive cars . . .

In my book people who deserve respect are those who make something out of their lives. Those who work hard to acheive their goal regardless of what it is. This kid is still in high school and well over 1/2 the kids in the US are going to college now a days.

Last edited:
The point of this thread isn't how or where he got the money to mod his car, it sounds like he's already done his stuff and is happy with the car.

To the OP, got any current pics of the car? I'd like to see what you've got done totally.

I must apologize. I really didn't mean to say I have no respect for the kid. I was just instilled a VERY firm work ethic by my uncles...as I didn't know my father. I don't know...I guess it's just a machinist thing. Take pride in my work and the work that it's taken me to get where I am. I'm just a kid though too...I'm only 20, but I don't know. I've never had anything bought for me in my life and just get kinda wound up when I see stuff like this. Much apologies though...

I must apologize. I really didn't mean to say I have no respect for the kid. I was just instilled a VERY firm work ethic by my uncles...as I didn't know my father. I don't know...I guess it's just a machinist thing. Take pride in my work and the work that it's taken me to get where I am. I'm just a kid though too...I'm only 20, but I don't know. I've never had anything bought for me in my life and just get kinda wound up when I see stuff like this. Much apologies though...

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 23, working my ass off to pay for school, my car, and save up for a house and several other things. My cars have all been bought and paid for by me, and all maintenance/mods have been bought mostly by me (with the exception of gifts). It's always a good feeling to earn something and know that you worked to get what you wanted, and noone else helped.

With that being said, I want to buy something else for my car (even though I just got my inlet and my sharkfin will be here tomorrow)

With that being said, I want to buy something else for my car (even though I just got my inlet and my sharkfin will be here tomorrow)

TELL ME ABOUT IT! lol I have $1,000.00 bucks burning a hole in my "Fun" bank account. I wanna save up like $300 more in the "Fun Money Fund" and pick up a Cobb AP....I figure the stuff I bought last week and the Cobb will give me a pretty good start for summer.

Last edited:
TELL ME ABOUT IT! lol I have $1,000.00 bucks burning a hole in my "Fun" bank account. I wanna save up like $300 more in the "Fun Money Fund" and pick up a Cobb AP....I figure the stuff I bought last week and the Cobb will give me a pretty good start for summer.

What do you have done to yours right now?

Right now it's stock (too cold to wanna mod)

I just picked up an AWR Rear Motor Mount, Corksport Full Length SRI, Catless CP-e DP and the Oil Filter Conversion kit.

Then I'm going to get a Custom 3" system built off the DP, switch to Mobil 1 5w/40, pick up a Cobb AP and finish off the summer with a few cosmetic things. (Tint, Powdercoat Stock rims, etc...)

Right now it's stock (too cold to wanna mod)

I just picked up an AWR Rear Motor Mount, Corksport Full Length SRI, Catless CP-e DP and the Oil Filter Conversion kit.

Then I'm going to get a Custom 3" system built off the DP, switch to Mobil 1 5w/40, pick up a Cobb AP and finish off the summer with a few cosmetic things. (Tint, Powdercoat Stock rims, etc...)

Get a BPV and turbo inlet while you're at it. And I would go with another oil besides M1...its not worth what you pay for it.

Get a BPV and turbo inlet while you're at it. And I would go with another oil besides M1...its not worth what you pay for it.

Yeah I was planning on the Forge BPV...the Corksport SRI is FULL LENGTH. It includes, turbo inlet and SRI. Yeah, actually I found out last night at work that one of my friends is sponsored by Amsoil for his MotoGP racing and can get me BIG time discounts...just gotta see what works out.

You're the first guy that I've talked to with the CS intake. I forgot that it comes with the inlet.

I run Amsoil in my car, as I get dealer pricing on it. M1 is about as close as you can get to dino oil in the synthetic realm. Go search for oil reviews, most people bash it.

Throw some Amsoil discounts my way! Synthetic is expensive as crap.. especially after every 3k miles. Haha.. I pretty much have a little left to spend on maintenance. Just saving up for Meth and AP + Tune. I'm pretty much done after that.. Just got to remember to keep at least 1k every year for tires and stuff. The potential of this car makes me rather have that 240 or something haha.

edit: the fmic seemed really worth it after seeing other mods. I paid 600 used which included the HKS SSQV. fmic, short ram intake (instead of tmic) and inlet..

Pics! I also got gauges (boost,AFR,oil pres) + dashhawk

s60r
n508237313_973805_5610.jpg

installing tranny mount
n508237313_839058_8154.jpg

evo8. 350whp just stage 2 plus tune.. I hate him haha..
n1121340109_30231620_9863.jpg

hks in vta until I could get a bung welded to my inlet
n1121340109_30221335_3548.jpg

car on mtn run with shark fin
n1121340109_30221326_929.jpg

n1121340109_30221328_1463.jpg

evo+me in traffic
n1121340109_30221311_6604.jpg

cool picture
n1121340109_30185459_2906.jpg

55 in 45 with gauges dashhawk and remote valentine 1 display
n627300847_1316836_6647.jpg

don't have many pics!

Last edited:
I believe if you're a new vendor, you can sign up for the dealer disc. and get 6 months for free.

Car looks good, you need to do a photoshoot and get some good pics of it up!

Back