Warning!! Mazda Reps

It isn't a fair world we live in. Some will play by the "rules" and get bent over backwards (butthump) and others will use common sense and remove mods before dealership visits if they don't want to get anally assassinated $$$

The mods I'm mostly talking about are mods that Mazda provides anyway but at a higher price and there s*** isn't always as good as the stuff available on the aftermarket. I'm not implying if you do something like get a turbo upgrade you should be covered under warranty if something blows up, etc.

I guess the argument here is "where should the line be drawn?" The law (Magnuson Moss warranty act) says that you can only be refused warranty work on the given system, but Mazda might be trying to bully people into getting no warranty work at all.

What systems are you voiding when racing? Technically almost all of them -- the motor, the brakes, the suspension, the steering, etc.

Look, honestly, we all might pull the same shenanigans if our car needs warranty work however light our mods may be. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I won't remove my SRI before going into the dealer. However, what I take issue with is when people come on and b**** about Mazda even after getting covered for something they may have very well contributed to.

Car manufacturers usually give vehicles at least a little room for improvement. As autoxracer already mentioned Car manufacturers have to appeal to the masses to be able to sell a lot of cars. We (Performance enthusiast) understand this and like to take advantage of the cars potential to a degree. I don’t think this makes us assholes if for example we put an after-market intake on the car and the turbo goes to s*** and we expect for Mazda to fix it. A ******* intake shouldn’t hurt a car like this if it was built probably I’m sorry if you don’t so. This is only an example but it can be implied with other after-market parts as well.

Last edited:
I guess the argument here is "where should the line be drawn?" The law (Magnuson Moss warranty act) says that you can only be refused warranty work on the given system, but Mazda might be trying to bully people into getting no warranty work at all.

What systems are you voiding when racing? Technically almost all of them -- the motor, the brakes, the suspension, the steering, etc.

I think the "No racing" is bull because you can do just as much damage to a car on public roads as you can on the track. I mean at least at the track you're doing it legally. I think track racing should be encouraged not void warranties. Think about it when youre on a track youre just exploiting the cars performance and burning up gas, tires, brakes, etc why should this void a warranty? You can do the same thing on public roads but it doesnt void your warranty

Look, honestly, we all might pull the same shenanigans if our car needs warranty work however light our mods may be. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I won't remove my SRI before going into the dealer. However, what I take issue with is when people come on and b**** about Mazda even after getting covered for something they may have very well contributed to.

Yeah have to agree with you there.

thers a price to play and sometimes that involves loosing your warinty. if your going to install the parts and it breaks something beacuse you installed it should mazda have to pay for your mistakes they made the car to a level they were somfortable warianteeing.

we are really LUCKY that they actually do this guys and i'll tell you why.

Mazda, by conducting routine searches and investigating who is abusing their vehicle is in essence deciding who they wont be offering warranty service too. If in fact mazda did not care at all and allowed warranty service to everyone and their brother, believe me, we as consumers would bear the brunt of that cost. Where you say? in the price of the car.

Mazda, by denying warranty work on cars, help keep their prices low, which in turn keep our prices low when we are in the market for a new car. If mazda were to offer warranty work to everyone, believe me they would pass on the cost of doing business right to US the CONSUMERS.

SO either way, best way to go is either all stock, or be ready to shell out the cash when your car breaks and you are in breach of your warranty agreement.

CrashKelly had the right idea in his post.

Say for instance you have life insurance, and some people are cheating by committing suicide and getting paid out their death benefits. As a result of this, YOUR premiums are going up because someone else is bending the rules.

Would you not be pissed, (as i assert other mazda owners who dont abuse their cars would be) if the people who cheat on their life insurance policies are the ones causing YOUR premium to go up even though you play by the rules?

Life is a 2 way street. We cant be naive enough to expect special treatment in one circumstance, yet expect differential treatment in another scenario.

I agree that Mazda sometimes can be ridiculous in the ways it denies coverage, however, ANY big business is like this, and it is how they stay afloat and keep costs down for us the consumers.

I think that you guys are going to deep I believe that bolt on does not blow your engine but when you start missing around with the A/f ratio thats when the problem begin and if you going to modify your car do it right.

I think that you guys are going to deep I believe that bolt on does not blow your engine but when you start missing around with the A/f ratio thats when the problem begin and if you going to modify your car do it right.

+1

i wonder what mazda thinks when yhey have a young kid buy a speed3 n think there nt gonna mod it.They have 2 expect that, can't believe they would do that.id imagine da same thing happened when da srt-4 cameout.im not worried bout it gotta buddy who works at mazda he said he'll rip out all my parts put it stock in no time,lotta work 2do lol!!

i wonder what mazda thinks when yhey have a young kid buy a speed3 n think there nt gonna mod it.They have 2 expect that, can't believe they would do that.id imagine da same thing happened when da srt-4 cameout.im not worried bout it gotta buddy who works at mazda he said he'll rip out all my parts put it stock in no time,lotta work 2do lol!!

I'm guessing this is anecdotal vs. a "wondering".

Bring it on assholes.

You'll be buying my car back with interest, paying my lawyer fees, and pay for wasting the courts time.

Lawyers are fun aren't they? May be meanest shark win ;)

Yeh its a big pain in the ass though, Trust Me, all in all I just got cash and a warranty to shut me up.

THANKS MAZDA IF YOUR LOOKING! (bird) lol (bj)

s*** no seriously thanks, i mean it, i dont want any problems.....

Last edited:

I guess you're a young kid that bought an MS3 and you're modding it? I could only assume since I had to use alta vista to translate your post.

Back