Warning!! Mazda Reps

MS3077

Banned
:
Mazda, Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Word has it that Mazda reps are going on this forum looking to void warranties.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm not putting down where I'm located, etc in my profile. I'm not too surprised by this because the other day I went to the stealer ship because my hood was a little misaligned and a service tech was giving me s*** about it. He was trying to say that I was abusing the car because the plastic thingy under the bumper was scrapped up a bit. I got a little pissed at the guy and asked to speak with his supervisor and he got in my face like he wanted to fight or something.

When it was all said and done nothing was wrong with my hood. There are these rubber things that you can adjust that fit under the hood so that’s what I did and my hood looked fine. Sorry about the rambling but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it almost seems like Mazda is just looking for excuses to not honor our warranties.

Last edited:
Word has it that Mazda reps are going on this forum looking to void warranties.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm not putting down where I'm located, etc in my profile. I'm not too surprised by this because the other day I went to the stealer ship because my hood was a little misaligned and a service tech was giving me s*** about it. He was trying to say that I was abusing the car because the plastic thingy under the bumper was scrapped up a bit. I got a little pissed at the guy and asked to speak with his supervisor and he got in my face like he wanted to fight or something.

When it was all said and done nothing was wrong with my hood. There are these rubber things that you can adjust that fit under the hood so that’s what I did and my hood looked fine. Sorry about the rambling but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it almost seems like Mazda is just looking for excuses to not honor our warranties.

X 2.

Bring it on assholes.

You'll be buying my car back with interest, paying my lawyer fees, and pay for wasting the courts time.

Lawyers are fun aren't they? May be meanest shark win ;)

Mitsubishi took it a step further and got race results from sanctioned race events and voided warranties like that for competition use. Owners tried to fight it and lost. Mazda can very well do the same thing.

Cue the "I'm going to give you legal advice even though I am not a lawyer" posts....... *rolls eyes*

Mitsubishi took it a step further and got race results from sanctioned race events and voided warranties like that for competition use. Owners tried to fight it and lost. Mazda can very well do the same thing.

Yeah technically they should have won unfortunately. The best defense against that is to hide you VIN and plates.

It doesn't change the fact that they are complete assholes for doing that!

This kind of s*** is exactlly the reason why I have an index card covering my VIN # under my windsheild. You guys might want to do this even if you just take it to the 1/4 strip...

You need to look at it from both sides.

The car wasn't built for competition use, the manufacturer shouldn't be liable for conditions outside street use. They have disclaimed liability in the warranty contract.

I also know as an owner the car should hold up to the power it was designed for. If it can't handle some hard driving on the street, they obviously didn't build the car good enough.

However, if the owner adds mods such as a boost controller and blows their motor, I don't see why Mazda or any other manufacturer should pay for it since it was the owner's choice. If the owner didn't know the consequences, they shouldn't have done it in the first place. Those kind of warranty claims is what ruins it for the owners who have legitimate claims for warranty.

For example, your MS3 turbo seals going out is a factory defect. No matter what mods you have they should swap it out b/c they go bad even on stock cars. On the MSP it was the LSD being weak.

Good luck to everyone and if you really want to avoid warranty hassles, take your mods off before taking it in.

Last edited:
Ya, the warrenty is the reason I am not touching the boost PSI, DP and MP. By then SCT or who ever should have a tuner out to add boost also. I'll just do the cat back, cold air kit, Forge BPV and the shorty shifter. Maybe a ETS TMIC too. Not too + or - on that yet. I just do not want to hear it if some thing does blow on my car. And I do not want a modded to holy high hell car that I have to de mod every time I go in for service.

These rumors are as old as internet forums. There is no big brother watching us here.

Coming from an Evo, I have read many threads about this. Some say yeah, some say no.

Ya, the warrenty is the reason I am not touching the boost PSI, DP and MP. By then SCT or who ever should have a tuner out to add boost also. I'll just do the cat back, cold air kit, Forge BPV and the shorty shifter. Maybe a ETS TMIC too. Not too + or - on that yet. I just do not want to hear it if some thing does blow on my car. And I do not want a modded to holy high hell car that I have to de mod every time I go in for service.

Yeah I'm not messing with the DP or MP either for exactly the same reason. SU is coming out with a test pipe soon that replaces the 2nd cat and is really easy to install / uninstall. Appearently it renders pretty decent HP / TQ gains as well.

I'm not going to add anything to my car that I can't have off in 2hrs or less for stealership visits.

Im staying pretty much stock. Possibly a mazdaspeed cai if dealer approves of it and installs. My ms3 will never be at any track besides the parking lot as a spectator. Anyway, I dont see how they could void a warranty by reading a post on a forum. The post could be completely made up. I heard about something like this on the srt forums a while back too. Total crap.

The Mazda reps employ special robots from the future. They are like the terminator, accept their purpose is to terminate warranties of owners. This plan was devised in the year 2017 so that Mazda will have more funds to put towards researching new flying cars. I heard that from the dealer so I just wanted to let everyone know. Robots are smarter than Humans!

I really can't "hear" that theme music in my head...Can someone link it to make this even more special. ;)

Back