Warner-Hitachi K04 turbo Info for MS3&6

stock turbo can be pushed beyond 320hp.. My friend's Speed pushes close to 350hp off bolt ons

You posted in a thread where the LAST post was over FIVE YEARS AGO!

Ugh! I know this is your first post, but please let's keep it current.

BTW either your friend has a unicorn K04, a very optimistic and ***** dyno operator, or he has a custom tune running an E85 fuel blend. That is possible on corn but not on straight premium gasoline. 320-330 whp honestly without corn and corn optimized tune.

Welcome to the forum, though. Lots of good stuff here.

i just met a guy at a meet who has a down pipe, intake and runs e85 (with a tune of course) and runs 340 to the wheels. call me a noob but i disagree

"I met a guy" who CLAIMS . . .

So, if you ran into me at a meet and I said that you could hit 400 by adding diesel fuel, would you believe me too?

It may be possible to hit 340 on corn under ideal conditions, probably on an optimistic dyno, but I would not believe the word of a stranger. See if you can get that guy to email you his AP data log and get it to one of us to analyze.

Hard data or verifiable experience like reputable dyno or it didn't happen.

Last edited:
No because thats common sense. I said it can be done.. nothing about it being done and safe for the motor as well

340 at the wheels on corn is feasible, when fully-bolted and on a nice, cool day. 300 with corn is easily within reach for just an intake and a testpipe, but 340 with just an intake and a DP seems like a tall tale.

^ Please do, along with list of ALL mods and E85 concentration, if he is truthful. Better yet, ask him for an AP datalog or two for us to examine on a WOT pull from 3,000 rpm to redline in either 3rd gear or 4th. We can tell whether he or the dyno operator is blowing smoke by examining certain of the recorded data fields on the logs compared to known logs on engines actually producing 340 whp.

Edit: In your first post in this thread you said your friend's 'Speed was "pushing close to 350 off bolt ons." Same guy? Same mods?

Last edited:
Different guy. I met this guy at a local meet and his mods word for word: " Cpe catted down pipe, intake, fuel pump internals, and custom tune on E85"

Been a month. Still waiting for "dyno papers" and AP data logs.

While we wait, I encourage OP to go over to mazdaspeed forums board and search very, very hard for real 340-350 whp stock turbo cars, even with E85 fuel. That board is the hangout for the most technical and skilled engine builders and custom tuners on the entire planet for our platform. Search hard and tell us how many 340+ whp engines you can find on stock K04 turbo.

Yet, your buddies have two of these gold unicorns in the same local neighborhood. I need to go down there. Must be something is the air that will give everybody more horsepower than on the rest of the planet. Oh, yes. It's a purple haze with a distinct smell.

I'll buy 330 in the hands of a good MSF tuner on that turbo. Tick, tick, tick.

Last edited:
not for nothing but i have the same cpe mods as well as some other cpe mods and mineput only 270 whp and 301wtq on a speed3 with just 7500 miles at the time on a cool day just a ap tune stage two look at my list of mods nowhere near 300+

Back