War Has Never Solved Anything!!

There's still slavery in this world, it stopped in the US because the south fell as a power.

The Nazi party was created from a country who was destroyed by war and used fascism as it's way out of being completely destroyed.

War didn't stop communism, communism stopped communism. It's too hard to make work in a large country, or a country without a stable ammount of wealth to start.

War didn't change any of these things.

Last edited:
Slavery still exists, facism still exists and so does communism.

Last edited:
Yes the Emancipation Proclamation had absolutely nothing to do with the Civil War.

Just like showing Russia we had balls of steel had nothing to do with ending the Cold War. (One can still hear the categorical whining and protesting from the loonies when we put Pershing missiles in Germany.)

Just like WWII had nothing to do with curtailing fascism engulfing the entire free world.

Yep.

Last edited:
Um, technically he's right. The civil war was fought because the south succeeded from the union. However, the reason the south succeeded was because they wanted their slaves. So Rism is right in fact if not in spirit.

Pluto, you beat me to it. You are 100% correct. Crispix, you're an idiot.

SilverBulletES said:
Yes the Emancipation Proclamation had absolutely nothing to do with the Civil War.

That was used strictly to cripple the south's economy, the blacks were freed but were still 3rd class citizens, they were also used to aid the union armies. Slavery was just a part of the Civil War, for the south it was fighting to keep free laybor to keep their economy going, to the North it was a tool to keep the British off our backs (You don't want to attack us now! We are fighting SLAVERY!) and hurt the South.

No shiznet sherlock. I'm just saying the idea it had *nothing* to do with it is a bit of a stretch, even from a Gnome Chumpsky standpoint.

by the way, the civil war was about slavery..you say it was because the south seceeded...but why did they seceed? uh ohs..

SilverBulletES said:
Just like showing Russia we had balls of steel had nothing to do with ending the Cold War. (One can still hear the categorical whining and protesting from the loonies when we put Pershing missiles in Germany.)

Like they didn't have us scared to death either. We "won" because they ran out of money. The USSR just fought a LONG war which ended on it's own soil, meanwhile America just spent them into the ground.

Just like WWII had nothing to do with curtailing fascism engulfing the entire free world.

Yep.

You can't play the WWII card because the whole world was behaving badly then, it was all of our fault. Our being nations who were there for WWI. Germany got the shaft and did what it had to do to become strong again, and it worked... Really, really, well. Yes, the Nazis were terrible you have ONE example where war solved a problem.. That would have been stopped if the European nations would have just told Germany to stop "re-claming" countries in the first place.*

*You can't blame them either, they just had a war also, no one wanted to fight. Sucks.

SilverBulletES said:
Without meaning disrespect to gay folks, this thread is gay.

Why's that, because you're getting proven wrong over and over again?

Kyle, Of course they succeeded because of the slavery issue, but that's why I said that was the spirit of it. TECHNICALLY they went to war because the south succeeded. The succeeded because the Union wanted to end slavery. Cause and effect.

anarchistchiken said:
Why's that, because you're getting proven wrong over and over again?

Kyle, Of course they succeeded because of the slavery issue, but that's why I said that was the spirit of it. TECHNICALLY they went to war because the south succeeded. The succeeded because the Union wanted to end slavery. Cause and effect.

How was I proven wrong over and over again? The idea was that war has never had some positive outcomes to which I replied bulls***. So I am right and you are right. We both win.

Go WOMP.

either way it never solved slavery there is still slavery. These people think war solved all these problems but its just out of site out of mind to them.

Crispix im with you 100%. please all of you that say war doesnt solve anything, tell me what we should have done, and dont you dare say diplomacy, because in case you havent heard that didnt work. now dont get me wrong im not saying we should have wars and kill everyone, but some ppl out there just dont like to play nice with others!! thats why we have the death penalty and life in prison!!!

Tricked-Out-Toy said:
Crispix im with you 100%. please all of you that say war doesnt solve anything, tell me what we should have done, and dont you dare say diplomacy, because in case you havent heard that didnt work. now dont get me wrong im not saying we should have wars and kill everyone, but some ppl out there just dont like to play nice with others!! thats why we have the death penalty and life in prison!!!

What we should have done where? The death penalty is not a deterrant on crime, it has no effect, by the way.

pluto316 said:
What we should have done where? The death penalty is not a deterrant on crime, it has no effect, by the way.

never said it was a deterrant, just a way of dealing with @$$holes that cant play nice. but if you have a better idea on solving the slavery, corruption, tyranny and oppression thats going on in the world please share it with me!! until then war is the best option. nuf said.

Back