Wanting to stall problem ... Result...

Levesque

:
Mazda Protege5
i went to mazda to get this diagnoised think that it was prob the EGR valve and it would be on warranty. but the computer came up with the code "PO462- Fuel Level Sensor - Low Input" does ne one know where i can get this sensor and maybe the part number etc ... cuz i dont wanna pay 250$ to get this fixed ... also is this a big problem or what ... thanks alot guys

ya thats what i believe they said ... to take it off i had to take off the gas tank .... its the Feul level Sensor ... thats what is written on my mazda reciept and its code PO462

What exactly is the car doing, does it almost stall when idoling or just when taking off...Could have a problem with the fuel injectors or a bad ground.

ya thats what i believe they said ... to take it off i had to take off the gas tank .... its the Feul level Sensor ... thats what is written on my mazda reciept and its code PO462
No no no, don't fall for it. The pump & filter sock & sending unit are accessible beneath the passenger back seat. Fold it up, lift the carpet & there's an access plate to get to the top of the tank to pull all that stuff out. Haven't done it before but from what I've read here from others that have replced the pump, it's no big deal.

Haven't done it before but from what I've read here from others that have replaced the pump, it's no big deal.

Mechanically that looks to be the case. However it is the gas tank, so do be careful about possible ignition sources. This isn't just cigarettes and power tools. Be sure that you're well grounded to the car's frame so that no static electricity can build up on you. My car is constantly zapping me, which is only annoying normally, but would be dangerous if the gas tank was open.

its only sometimes at lights or stops it gets below 1000 rpm and shakes and wants to stall so i rev the motor... im try cleaning my EGR they said its not faultty but it might be dirty

vacuum leak? Check to make sure you don't have any cracks in the intake after the air meter.

Wow! What CLOWNS! The low level sensor is the yellow 'go buy gas light'. IT CAN NOT affect performance. Do not let these people near the car.

Swap the EGR after checking tune up stuff and doing the seafoam treatment.

P0462 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Low Input

Possible Causes that has been verified:
Fuel gauge sending unit signal is shorted to sensor ground
Fuel gauge sending unit signal is shorted to chassis ground
Fuel gauge sending unit is damaged or has failed
PCM has failed

Setting conditions:
Engine running, system voltage from 11-16v, and the PCM detected the fuel level sensor signal was less than 0.08v during the CCM test.
This code sets in 2 Trip(s).

Nothing common pops up here, but things do go wrong. This shouldn't affect the performance of the car.

However, everyone is dead right about the EGR valve. Mazda has released a PID and now a TSB on the issue, and the dealer is required to deal with it.

Back