want to put dvd screen in dash

cole-3GT2010

Contributor
:
mazda 3 gt sport black 2010
will taking out the original deck with the 6 disk mess with any of the bluetooth or any other controls? has anyone done this yet?

Im pretty sure the bluetooth is integrated into the stock head unit and you will lose it. Try looking for a dvd head unit that also has blue tooth. Good luck

Im pretty sure the bluetooth is integrated into the stock head unit and you will lose it. Try looking for a dvd head unit that also has blue tooth. Good luck

say i do get an in dash dvd screen with bluetooth, there is one available at my local future shop..... will i lose the use of the bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel?

I just installed a double din DVD/Nav on Sunday. You do lose all of the audio based steering wheel controls (there are add on modules to re-implement them w/ aftermarket head units though). Most of the newer double din head units have BT built in, or leave an option for an add on.

This is what we have decided to go with:

Head Unit
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_105AVX830/JVC-KW-AVX830.html

Steering Wheel Interface
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIJACK/PAC-SWI-JACK.html?tp=29778
Talked with PAC it works for the 2010

Got some other stuff being added (more noise) also, letting the existing amp run the existing speakers for now. Upgrading the alternator and battery for the new amp/subs.

Not adding a new NAV, the POS NAV system is in the car and will do for now, if I knew in November what I know now, I would not have gotten the tech package.

Okay, So here is the deal. if you remove the 6 disk changer, you are notremoving the bluetooth module. My car is still sending me requests to pair my phone to the OEM bluetooth, you just can't connect. I installed a Kenwood DNX6960, and the bluetooth on that works great. I haven't bought the steering wheel controls yet, but I shouldn't have any problem integrating that into the connector.

Okay, So here is the deal. if you remove the 6 disk changer, you are notremoving the bluetooth module. My car is still sending me requests to pair my phone to the OEM bluetooth, you just can't connect. I installed a Kenwood DNX6960, and the bluetooth on that works great. I haven't bought the steering wheel controls yet, but I shouldn't have any problem integrating that into the connector.

please post a link to the steering wheel controls when ya find it

I live in Alaska, so it's pretty hard to find things up here in Fairbanks, but as soon as I get ahold of one, I will slap the pictures up here.

This is what we have decided to go with:

Head Unit
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_105AVX830/JVC-KW-AVX830.html

Steering Wheel Interface
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIJACK/PAC-SWI-JACK.html?tp=29778
Talked with PAC it works for the 2010

Got some other stuff being added (more noise) also, letting the existing amp run the existing speakers for now. Upgrading the alternator and battery for the new amp/subs.

Not adding a new NAV, the POS NAV system is in the car and will do for now, if I knew in November what I know now, I would not have gotten the tech package.

I am really curious on this since Crutchfield is telling me that PAC has not created a steering wheel module for the 2010 Mazda 3 yet. They told me the current module that they have does not work with the 2010. I was asking them about it because I do not want to spend this much money and lose my steering wheel controls.

I am really curious on this since Crutchfield is telling me that PAC has not created a steering wheel module for the 2010 Mazda 3 yet. They told me the current module that they have does not work with the 2010. I was asking them about it because I do not want to spend this much money and lose my steering wheel controls.

When I talked with Crutchfield they actually did not know if it would work or if it would not, and really were not to eager to ask the question. Therefore I called PAC to discuss and they stated that he does work. I guess I will find out when I do the install. I would look at some other sites for additional information.

Back