Want to install a boost and/or turbo timer can I see pics?

kewlguy210

:
08 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Any members that have a boost and/or turbo timer can I see some pics installed? Just want to get a idea or where to mount the gauges.

Do you mean boost GAUGE and turbo timer? There should be lots of pix here on gauge mounting options.

Unless you've already bought the product, please understand that turbo timers are now obsolete on all modern automotive turbo applications. Our K04 turbo, like almost all of them on the market now for passenger car applications, has water/coolant lines running to the built in water jackets that surround the center part of the turbo. That water cooling continues to automatically siphon engine coolant through the turbo long after you shut the engine down. A thermostatically controlled electric fan stays on forcing cool air through the radiator during this process when needed.

Turbo timers used to be a big deal before turbos had both oil lines and water lines. On the K04 turbo in our cars, a turbo timer is a gimmick and a waste of fuel and time, IMHO.

Last edited:
But manual said to let it cool for 30sec after long drive. If i beat on it i let it idle 30sec before shutting car off.

But manual said to let it cool for 30sec after long drive. If i beat on it i let it idle 30sec before shutting car off.
It is a good thing to do, after a long drive or hard run. MSMS3 is correct though, because you will notice that the fan stays on about 30 seconds, if you just shut the car off, following a long drive.

hope this helps, TT is not really needed but i personally like it

2011-09-29_09-27-21_257.jpg

2011-09-29_09-27-27_217.jpg

2011-09-29_09-27-31_865.jpg

I don't have pics but if you just want ideas I have my boost gauge in a plastic pod screwed into my steering column just to the right of center. There's a little gap to the right where you can run the wires and vacuum line (mine's mechanical). The gauge only blocks the 0-30 part of the speedometer.

There is a vent pod for sale in the FS section. It replaces the driver's side round vent and will fit a 52mm gauge. I believe there is also a ventpod and boost gauge combination for sale on there too.

Latest posts

Back