want a new exhaust system but dont know wat to get

ZoomZoom03 said:
u mentioned hose clamps...was this to keep the posts steady when inserted into the hangers?? ive heard this mentioned before and i just cant visualize it. that would be my one complaint, my exhaust keeps shifting to the right no matter how much i shift it to the left...so im curious about the use of hose clamps.

thanx in advance

I put the hose clamps around rubber hanger, I couldnt get the hangers to stop sliding over and having the muffler hitting the bumper and melting it a bit. It kept it from sliding around, and also allowed me to pull the tip up into the bumper cutout. I ended up having to do the same thing with my vibrant exhaust for the 3, It was hitting the rear axle and I used the hose clamps to pull it up just enough so it wouldnt hit. Yeah im a fan of duct tape too. (first)

WetsuitxNinja said:
I put the hose clamps around rubber hanger, I couldnt get the hangers to stop sliding over and having the muffler hitting the bumper and melting it a bit. It kept it from sliding around, and also allowed me to pull the tip up into the bumper cutout. I ended up having to do the same thing with my vibrant exhaust for the 3, It was hitting the rear axle and I used the hose clamps to pull it up just enough so it wouldnt hit. Yeah im a fan of duct tape too. (first)

ok i apologize, i dunno if its cause its 2am or the fact i havent slept in almost 2 days but i cant picture this. the hose clamp...was it placed about halfway down the hanger and tightened?? im sorry i know this has to be so friggin simple but my brain is just not registering it (cheers)

I really like my Corksport exhaust. I forget what I paid for it, but then again, It doesn't really matter....I got what I wanted.

Good sound, 1 (stock) cat, and 2.5in stainless all the way out back. Thanks T, R, and D (and D's dad). lol

www.corksport.com

ZoomZoom03 said:
ok i apologize, i dunno if its cause its 2am or the fact i havent slept in almost 2 days but i cant picture this. the hose clamp...was it placed about halfway down the hanger and tightened?? im sorry i know this has to be so friggin simple but my brain is just not registering it (cheers)

I put 2 small ones on either side of the rubber hanger on the rods coming off the muffler & pipe to keep it all centered. Not sure that's what he meant.

Price being virtualy no issue (well, it is, but im willing to wait and save for what i want. So really it isnt)

I want something deep, and NO DRONE at all. And I am really against anything even remotely loud. The RB looks to be the ticket for me, but is there anything even quieter than that? Just trying to get all my options. Maybe somebody who knows there s*** can give me a small list of all the big named exhaust's in a "most-quiet to loudest" list.

After many nights of browsing the forums, i am down to two...Tanabe and Magnaflow. Anyone have sounds/pics of either?

Here they are:

Attachments

• muffler.JPG
    muffler.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 184
  • car p5.gif
    car p5.gif
    258 KB · Views: 172
Mick said:
Price being virtualy no issue (well, it is, but im willing to wait and save for what i want. So really it isnt)

I want something deep, and NO DRONE at all. And I am really against anything even remotely loud. The RB looks to be the ticket for me, but is there anything even quieter than that? Just trying to get all my options. Maybe somebody who knows there s*** can give me a small list of all the big named exhaust's in a "most-quiet to loudest" list.

The Racing Beat is super quiet, wife approved too! I did notice it got alittle louder on the freeway once I installed the header.

I have a video with sound. The exhaust did have leaks at the time at the gaskets, but I replaced them recently, after the video.

Click here for the Quicktime video.

I have to agree with a lot of the other members of the community on this one: i love my magnaflow catback. GREAT sound, good price, easy install... etc... I would say it sounds even better with a header- but i haven't got that far. soon...

here's a quick, and possibly stupid question..... are all Mazdaspeed exhausts made by Racing Beat?

I am looking at this auction for a mazdaspeed muffler, and just wanted to make sure its the same thing as the racing beat ones everyone speaks so highly of: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
Does that seem like a good price to you all? I'm thinking just the axleback would suit me, and I can get the catback componets seperately if feel the need (doubt it). What do you guys think?

I just wanted to say thanks everyone for contributing to this thread, its a wealth of information thats been highly useful for me! (thumb)

RaiderMP5 said:
The Racing Beat is super quiet, wife approved too! I did notice it got alittle louder on the freeway once I installed the header.

I have a video with sound. The exhaust did have leaks at the time at the gaskets, but I replaced them recently, after the video.

Click here for the Quicktime video.

Thank you!

have you looked at the greddy evo2 thats the one i wanted but to expensive for me so i went with the megan

Raider thanks for the video.
Has anyone tried a RB Cat back w/ a Mazdaspeed Axle back? I've already got a MS axle back, but I'll be picking up the RB cat back soon. Alone, the MS AB is pretty loud, which is fine, but i'm starting to get sick of it on the highway. Around town, it's awesome. What I'm wondering if that cat-back pipe from the RB exhaust w/ the MS AB would sort of be somewhere between the RB alone and the MS alone....

did that make any sense to anyone? lol

I have an HKS axle-back exhaust and would rate it a 6 out of 10. I like the sound and look of it, but it's a bit droning between 3-4k rpm. If you keep it outside these rpms it's OK. When I'm driving around town with the windows up, I'll shift at 3k, which is incredibly unsatisfying. Driving 70-80mph on the interstate is pretty hard unless you have a really steady foot - even mild acceleration/deceleration gives you drone at that speed (rpms). Fitment is good even with stock hangers. My wife really doesn't like the exhaust - she wants me to put the silencer in it. But to me, that takes away the whole point of having the exhaust. Might as well have the stocker on.

I love my evo, but it ain't quiet. Decent drone around the city, surprisingly not bad on the highway though. Either way, good tone, very deep, and you can learn to keep it quieter.

Back