.. Wanli tires?

Rush

:
91 MX-5, 13 ILX
So, I've been wantin' a set of 18" Konig Holes for the past few months (which I'm sure everyone on the forums knows by now), but something came up with me buyin' them off the friend of a friend and I'm now back to square one. I'd still like a set of the Holes, but I've also been browsing elsewhere in the meantime.

I found a set of 18" x 7.5" wheels that look good -- only thing is, as of the moment, the wheels are being sold as a wheel/tire package. I already emailed the guy to ask if he'll sell just the wheels, and I'm waiting to hear back. But I know that the wheels will come with a type of tire called 'Wanli S1088'. They're ZR rated.

I've never heard of them before. Has anyone else? Anyone know anything about them -- are they decent tires, s*** for tires, what?

Wanli tires are your generic discount tire wheel/tire combo crap. As with almost all things, you're paying for the wheels, the rest is crap. I would drive on them a few thousand miles, save up some money for good ones, and have them replaced. The thing is, a lot of times tire/wheel combos don't cost that much more than the wheels alone.

mp5racing21 said:
Wanli tires are your generic discount tire wheel/tire combo crap. As with almost all things, you're paying for the wheels, the rest is crap. I would drive on them a few thousand miles, save up some money for good ones, and have them replaced. The thing is, a lot of times tire/wheel combos don't cost that much more than the wheels alone.

Yeah, that's what I figured -- the classic Good Wheel Wrapped In bad Tires deal. But I thought I'd ask. Hopefully the guy is willin' to sell me just the wheels, so I can not bother payin' $200 extra for some shitsplat tires.

Thanks for the help!

Back