Wagner Motorsports Turbo Kit

We had custom downpipes made for a MSP and it's not even right. They cat placement requires additional modifications in order to install the product.

It took about 2 months to get the product and they shipped it to my house instead of work as I had asked.

I'm not impressed.

Here is some of Wagner's recent work....

569899_150_full.jpg

Big Tim you have got my attention with the GT Turbos. Post a link that has a complete setup with this turbo. Also when I get my kit i am deciding if I should buy the Haltech or Greddy e-Manage as my fuel management. Any suggestions on this???

www.**************************.com uses GT series Garrett turbos. all stainless steel, powder and ceramic coated. nothing bot top nothc parts. nothing else to upgrade when done.

protito said:
Big Tim you have got my attention with the GT Turbos. Post a link that has a complete setup with this turbo. Also when I get my kit i am deciding if I should buy the Haltech or Greddy e-Manage as my fuel management. Any suggestions on this???

What Ryan said!!!!! I would go with the MPI tuner, it does just about everything you would need on a stock motor and is relativiley inexpensive, I think it's 700 or so. I made 228whp @8psi with it and MPNick got over 330whp with the same unit, with a built motor and stuff. Definatly the GT series from Beau, He made 10whp less then me now and 3 more ft-lbs of torque then me with 1 psi less. I only made 199whp and 201 ft-lbs of torque out here with the tuning method I'm using now. He also did that with no xtra injectors, He definatly has the right combo for our motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've met Andy and been to the shop multiple times and he's a very personable guy. He does great work when you're AT the shop, but everything I've seen of his that he's fabricated and mailed has had fitment and quality issues. I had to check on my buddy's turbo kit IN PERSON because Andy would not give him a straight answer as to why the kit was delayed and delayed.

I think there are better kits for the money offered by other companies.

As I have read this I am going to have to agree with all of you on certain points. Instead of buying any of the kits I am going to have one custom made for what I want right now. Here is general idea of what I am thinking about putting in:

GT28RS turbo
Tial 38mm wastegate
Greddy Type-s BOV
Callaway mianifold and D/P
Begi FPR
Haltech F10X
Apexi turbo timer
Greddy Profec B boost controller
Spearco FMIC
SS piping
Boost gauge, A/F gauge

All of this is going to cost me about $4000 and that includes the install. This kit will run 4-8psi for now. Later on I am thinking of upgrades to the bottom end so that I can raise the boost. I am looking at around 180whp or better with this setup.

EW...screw the callaway manifold man..

Talk to Mental Addiction and get one of their manifolds..they are Teh sEkz...You will not be dissapointed whatsoever..

if the Callaway manifolds aren't so hot, then why do rx-7 owners use em? I know quite a few cars that use em and they don't seem to have any problems.

T3 is ancient diesel technology? *shakes his head* A T3 is very streetable, that's why high quality name brand turbo companies use them. There is nothing ancient about a turbo. I know, the way of the future is the WOMP. But come on.

n2o99civicsi said:
if the Callaway manifolds aren't so hot, then why do rx-7 owners use em? I know quite a few cars that use em and they don't seem to have any problems.

T3 is ancient diesel technology? *shakes his head* A T3 is very streetable, that's why high quality name brand turbo companies use them. There is nothing ancient about a turbo. I know, the way of the future is the WOMP. But come on.

yes, the T3 design is older than s***. a GT28rs, gt28r, gt2871 etc. ANY GT series turbo is better than that old crap. they are MUCH more efficient.

the calloway manifolds they are referring to is the stock MSP manifold, which doesn't flow so well. without ANY tuning changes the MAM manifold made 30 HP more at the exact same settings SAE corrected.

I'm sure Calloway makes good products, infact I'm SURE of it, but Mazda constrained them too much for the MSP design.

and as for nothing ancient about a turbo? they were originally designed [font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]in 1905. that makes it 100 years old!
[/font]

RyanJayG said:
yes, the T3 design is older than s***. a GT28rs, gt28r, gt2871 etc. ANY GT series turbo is better than that old crap. they are MUCH more efficient.

the calloway manifolds they are referring to is the stock MSP manifold, which doesn't flow so well. without ANY tuning changes the MAM manifold made 30 HP more at the exact same settings SAE corrected.

I'm sure Calloway makes good products, infact I'm SURE of it, but Mazda constrained them too much for the MSP design.

and as for nothing ancient about a turbo? they were originally designed [font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]in 1905. that makes it 100 years old!
[/font]

werd.

Back