w5w bulbs

jgoldin1

i ordered some european silverstars from powerbulbs and when the package arrived, there were some extra w5w bulbs. can these be used on our cars? i know it was a mistake by powerbulbs (i didn't order them--the packaging list shows only a pair of H7), but i'd hate for them to go to waste.

hmm that sounds like a weird euro size.. wait no, I believe they are the same as 194 bulbs just a different wattage? What color are the bulbs? The Protege5 uses 194 for the side turn signals on the fenders(amber bulb) the orange side lights on the bumper (clear or amber bulb), license plate lights (clear), the light inside the hatch (clear), the map lights (clear), a couple of the lights that light up the instrument cluster (clear).. I think that covers everything :D

the work in the map lights, rear license plate lights, front side marker lights, etc. if you want to use them, just start hunting around.

Do they look like this:
new.jpg

W5W fitment also cross referenced as the 2825 (Osram) 158, 168 and 194 fitments. Operates at factory recommended 12V 5w with Long Life filament.

These are the only places in our cars you could use them:
Front sidemarker

Map light

Sorry, have them send new ones out(H7's)

Powerbulbs gives those out for free with lots of orders. I have a couple sitting in my garage doing nothing.

Back