visiongt9506's build thread

i have megan springs with 1 coil cut and its rides beautiful no bounce or nothing but i just want to be a tad bit lower

Took the roof racks off looks cleaner IMO... now I just to find caps

IMG_20121005_130020.jpg

IMG_20121005_130044.jpg

Come to find out o had a frozen caliper and my rotors were warped badly. So my buddyhas a probbe he's parting out and gave me front calipers with drilled and slotted rottors. Did that today and ended up getting extended studs and lugs from him and more spacers

O and my daughter wanted to help Haha

IMG_20121021_160256.jpg

IMG_20121021_160717.jpg

Now fronts are sitting with a. 24 offset

IMG_20121021_180827.jpg

how many people have slotted struts for camber and how many hav camber bolts..... whats better? i dont do any agressive driving just tryin to stance the protege

got a chance at the of the day at work to lower the protege a little more... let me know what you think
now i just need some 5mm spacer to make the wheels 35 offset or maybe ill go 8mm
How did you do this on megan springs?

Last edited:
i cut a coil off the bottom of the spring thats y it sits so low on the megans, i love it cause i got the low i want and it still rides stiffer than stock with the cut coil

shot it with some under coat.... i cut the coil a while ago and i just had the car up on my lift saturday and the spring isnt rusty at all

Very nice. I had wondered if anyone every did this. Coils are cool but I doubt I'll ever get any...unless an awesome deal walks by. I would like to go about 1" lower in the rear but have some work to do to make it possible. Do you have an idea of the drop 1 coil caused?

Back