Video/Sound Clip - Mazda5 with Mazdaspeed Exhaust

Stoppitstopitstopitstopit! I feel my checkbook being vacuumed out of my back pocket. When you decide to sell the system please PM me an asking price. What did you have to do for the CEL? Add an o2 sensor extension? I had a Shark Racing 4-2-1 header on my Elantra and it really needed to have the o2 sensor moved. They had put it in the middle of the primary coming off the #4 cylinder which; needless to say, resulted in some unresolvable CEL issues. Fortuneatly I live in the "coal mine state" so emissions (removing primary catylst) won't keep me up at night.

I can see it now... hun I need to drop your car off for an "oil change". Next day... ummm hubby the car sounds kinda different and I can't seem to get my foot off the gas pedal... lol I remember buzzing through parking garages with my FC setting off Lexus's and the like.

i'll be selling this exhaust in the next week or two if anyone wants it. going with a different setup.

Question for Captain. I know that you carry a couple of exhausts made for the MZ5. How do they compare to the MS3 system modded to fit the MZ5? Soundwise and performance?

Thanks

you lose alot of backpressure going to a 2.5 inch system which is what the mazdaspeed3 has. top and mid range acceleration feels real nice but the flip side to that is loss of low end torque. which on a vehicle like the 5 is not always that great. you can offset the loss of torque with things like pulleys, but staying with a 2.25 inch system is probably better for most. the mazdaspeed exhaust sounds really nice, as long as you don't add a header. if you add the header, its LOUD.

Back