VICS=VTCS...hmm...

Alejo_NIN

:
RadonElement.Com
ok, so i went ahead and removed the intake many...and guess what/...i removed the buttlerflies from VICS instead of VTCS!!!

the thing is that, before finding out it were the wrong ones, i bend one of the butterflies because one of the screws broke...

how important is VICS?
can i just remove it alltogether with the VTCS??

yes you can, but you probably don't want to. VTCS is variable tumble control sumthin, i dunno, but basically it disturbs the airflow as part of an emissions something or other. VICS, however, has to do with your 2 different length intake runners, so if you take that out you will loose alot of your high end power because it won't be able to open the longer runners.

jmv said:
yes you can, but you probably don't want to. VTCS is variable tumble control sumthin, i dunno, but basically it disturbs the airflow as part of an emissions something or other. VICS, however, has to do with your 2 different length intake runners, so if you take that out you will loose alot of your high end power because it won't be able to open the longer runners.
If you remove VICS, the runners would be open at all times....

so it isn;t bad at all, actually is good, in a turbo application where the more air that goes thru, the better
in the other hand, i've heard it disrupts idle, it'll make it rough and low

okay, well, i had it reversed... if both are open all the time, then you'll loose low end torque. There was a thread i read through about this, the general concensus was the VICS was definitely a good thing.

the VICS doesn't open a second runner, but just another chamber. Having it open constantly will affect your low end torque. There are single running intake manifolds available through Protegegarage.

both have been removed
i did notice a lost of lower end torque as stated, but all that can be balanced once i up the boost :)

the car now pulls harder on the higher rpms, just where the turbo starts boosting,
i like it....don't regret it

you just got to let the car warm up a lil more in the morn when u start it. After that let the power begin. Very happy w/ my intake mani swap.

210_ZOOM said:
you just got to let the car warm up a lil more in the morn when u start it. After that let the power begin. Very happy w/ my intake mani swap.
that has to do with VTCS not VICS

Back