Vibrating sound in dash

demestre

:
Mazda 3 Maxx Sport
I have recently taken delivery of a new Mazda 3 (manual transmission). There is a vibrating noise somewhere in the steering wheel area of the dash. It is most noticable when accelerating and decelerating in 2nd and 3rd gears. Of course the dealer service guy can't hear it and I have to prove to the Factory representative that there is a problem. Has anyone else had this?

Probably a loose bolt/nut somewhere in the dash, a fairly common complaint. Take the tech with you, and if he isn't deaf, he should hear the noise when you point it out.

ive got a similar noise, ive narrowed it to under the wheel (the plastic panels) maybe even the fuse box cover area i dunno. Sounds didnt start till i hit the friggin pothole so im dealing with it.

Do you have a moon roof? I had that same noise that I "thought" was coming from the dash. It ended up being right were the dome lights and moon roof controls are.

JD32883 said:
off topic but i have a mazdaspeed protege and i have the same noise mad annoying
Thanks, this is all good stuff I can show the Factory representative next week

AzMz3 said:
Do you have a moon roof? I had that same noise that I "thought" was coming from the dash. It ended up being right were the dome lights and moon roof controls are.
Thanks - but I don't have a moon roof.

Back