Veyron losses race...

vindication

Missing my Protege
Contributor
:
2001 Pro 2.0 LX
to a person. hehehehe Cristiano Ronaldo to be more exact.
that's our(Portugal) boy wonder. For those of you who dont follow football(soccer) he is a Portuguese player currently playing in Manchester United. Just finished 3rd in the recent best player in the world poll held by FIFA(stupid FIFA total bogus ripoff, they did the same thing to Maradona). Here he he beating a Veyron in what I believe is 100m race. Of course I dont know if it's real or not but Cristiano Ronaldo is one fast mofo and I actually think faster with a football at his feet than without one. :D But from what I've read, this was actually legit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkoa204lmEc

Forget reverse for a minute and let's just deal with the first leg of the race, the forward part.

You're telling me that a human being beat that car over the length of 100m? It does 0-60 in something like 2.5 seconds.

It's not even one continuous shot...

lol, nevermind. I can't believe i even have to argue this point.

As if this even needed a physical arguement:

The buggati veyron does 0-100 km/h in 2.5 seconds. From a start, this translates to a constant acceleration of 11.12 m/s^2. Given this constant acceleration, after 1 second, the veyron would be doing 11 m/s, after two seconds 22.24 m/s, after three 33.36 m/s, after four 44.48 m/s and so forth. That means the buggati veyron would clear the 100m mark from the stand-still in approximately 3.7 seconds.

The fastest olympic human sprinter ever recorded (micheal johnson) cleared 200m in 19.32 seconds. That means that he would have cleared the 100m mark in 9.66 seconds. His top speed was 10.35 m/s. Compare that to the veyron's time, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that micheal johnson doesn't stand a chance. The veyron bests johnson's top speed in under 1 second, and you can bet that the veryron can do at least 10.35 m/s in reverse.

Last edited:
i think it was 100m both ways so 50m forward than 50m in reverse. Now people dont jump down my throat, I think it wasn't real but hey, who knows.
newayz it's still a cool commercial

i think it was 100m both ways so 50m forward than 50m in reverse. Now people dont jump down my throat, I think it wasn't real but hey, who knows.
newayz it's still a cool commercial

Given constant acceleration for both, it's all proportional. But +1 for a creative commercial :)

Back