Vehicle wrap $$$ question.

destineal

Contributor
:
Black Mica #129
I was just wondering how much is it supposed to cost to get a a vehicle wrapped? I went to a shop that specialized in design vehicle wraps/ signs/ banners etc and they wanted over $2000(closer to 2400) to wrap my car. For that price, I'd rather just have my car given a decent paint job.

Edit: I would do it myself, but I bought some DIY tint a couple of years ago and that didn't go so well.

2000 seems to be about right for the price, i know around here the price for a good wrap with quality products and warranty is about the same as a good paint job..

i would just get a good paint job to be honest instead of the wrap.

Dont really know that much about wrap but i cant see it holding up any better then paint.

i would just get a good paint job to be honest instead of the wrap.

Dont really know that much about wrap but i cant see it holding up any better then paint.

imo vinyl would be worst a small chip in the paint you can fix, a small tear in the vinyl...

ya thats what i was thinking after i started looking into it. I mean it looks cool on some cars but if the price was maybe 1k i can see it being something worth looking into but being the same cost as a decent paint job... i dunno

destineal if you wanted to do the paint job yourself you could go this route, i looked into it alot. Its easier to do but requires ALOT more sanding.
Also costs around 50

This has some good info and he gave you pictures of what the paint looked like after a few months and a few years

http://rickwrench.com/index79master.htm?http://rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

i wouldnt do that $50 paint job, i tried and failed. however, i did just paint my car with tractor enamel single stage "Satin black" and it came out awesome, total cost including a new gun from harbor frieght was less than $60... there are lots of colors too.
IMAG0178.jpg

Thats a very reasonable price for the wrap. The only real benfit that wrap has over paint, is that its temporary. If you dont like the color, just peel it off and redo it.
The vinyl is actually pretty tough, I dont have any rock chips/tears in my front bumper yet and Ive been driving with the vinyl for a few months.

Plus I like the idea of wrapping a car over painting a car. Anybody can wrap a car, you dont need special equipment or a special booth, all you need is a heat gun, squegee and your hands. Plus it makes alot of people look twice at my car when I tell them its wrap instead of paint lol

PLASTIDIP...150$ for a kit to do your car, ad if you mess up, peel it right off...
see, comes right off

Last edited:
vehicle wrap cost

Usually Vehicle Wraps go for about $2000 - $3000 on average for SUV's if it's a full wrap. I did my back of the car, it cost 300$. I took it down after 3 years cause it was already dry and started to peel. I think it's useless, people just look at that once enjoy it and go back to their business. Maybe a full car wrap works better but I doubt it.

Back