Vegas Group Drive Death Valley (Pics!)

VegasMSP

Contributor
:
Was: 2003.5 Blazing Yellow MSP, Now: '05 Silver SRT-4
Well we had a Vegas group drive to Death Valley with many different kinds of cars. We had 26 cars show up ranging from 2 RX-8s, 2 MSPs, 2 STIs, 2 Evos, 6 WRXs, 1 2.5RS,1 VW R32, 2 Jettas, 2 1.8ts, 2 MR2s and 1 civic. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head ;). Here's some pics.

dvshosone.jpg

Our first gas stop outside DV in a town called Shoshone. Looks like a used car lot.

dvbadwater.jpg

Now a rest stop at badwater in DV (lowest point in the US 282ft below sea level). Cooling ye ole motor down.

dvmycar.jpg

Another shot of my car at Badwater with the rest of the crew in the
background.

dvartist.jpg

Here we are stopped at Artist Drive, really tight turns (on the map it says Vehicles longer 25ft not allowed).

dvroad.jpg

Road up to Dantes View!

dvdante.jpg

Here's the seen on top of Dantes View.

dvdanteview.jpg

Actually pic of Dantes View (5,475 ft)

dvjohn.jpg

TheJohnny's car between a couple WRX's.:D We showed them!

dvhome.jpg

And the scene heading home!

All in all we all made it back ok, except for tons of rock chips and 5 cracked windshields. We were moving down those roads in which I'm not willing to disclose.:rolleyes:
Enjoy!:D
Also Sytrix has his pics. http://www.vegasgroupdrive.com/mig/index.php?pageType=folder&currDir=./Vegas_Group_Drive_2

Last edited:
Today rocked! I led, and another person in a modded wrx with hella track experience (just like me) dominated the runs today!

At furnace creek (visitors center) it was 90 degrees when we stopped there!

My pictures

dantes is beautiful!! why did subarus and mitsubihis join u guys anyway?

Togan said:
dantes is beautiful!! why did subarus and mitsubihis join u guys anyway?
Hey Togan! It wasn't a Mazda meet. It was more like a get together of Vegas people with nice performance cars (none were ricey). Most of the people were autocross drivers :D. It was fun.

VegasMSP said:
Hey Togan! It wasn't a Mazda meet. It was more like a get together of Vegas people with nice performance cars (none were ricey). Most of the people were autocross drivers :D. It was fun.

AHAAAAAA now its ok, i was wondering why competitors were among our mazdas :)

Togan said:
AHAAAAAA now its ok, i was wondering why competitors were among our mazdas :)
That's funny..... without the support of the other clubs, there would be no events like this.

Mazda made up a very small part of the run, and it was mostly friends on the Mazda side of things anyway.

Hey guys, that was a fun drive. I am Scott, I had the silver WRX wagon.

We have more pictures posted on www.flat4lv.com , in the General Discussion section.

Hope to see you again! (I know i'll see John again, anyways)

mp5_57 said:
Where did you get the headlight film........... it looks good!
I got my film from somebody that bought from a member on the forums named slamdp5. Just pm him to see where he got it from.

syntrix said:
The car count was 29, not 26.
Well I was guesstimating ;).

omg, im gonna friggin go to vegas.. seriously.. those roads looked so nice, curvy and abandoned.. oh my friggin goodness.. i wanna go so badly..

our roads have swimming pools built into them.. how convenient right? just in case our tires get hot..

itz_alan said:
omg, im gonna friggin go to vegas.. seriously.. those roads looked so nice, curvy and abandoned.. oh my friggin goodness.. i wanna go so badly..

our roads have swimming pools built into them.. how convenient right? just in case our tires get hot..
Haha yeah it wasn't too bad. It was Nascar weekend at the Vegas speedway so the roads were pretty bare. Man we could use the swimming pools for our tires, since it gets 140 degrees on the road here. :D

Back