v8 Rx7

price

Captain KRM P5 said:
i've priced out all the parts to do the swap and i can guarantee you that its not nearly that cheap

how much would it cost to put one in a 7 then. i found a 7 with no engine and a perfect body for $500.

A better site

Signal 2 said:
Objectively, no different than any other major performance mod. To follow that logic, putting a huge single is also "wrong" because it takes away the charm of the sequential twins, or a big FMIC on an FD is also "wrong" because it alters the look of the FD and often leads to overheating issues. And how about the worthless rice body kits and silly wings? Unlike them, at least the LS1-6 should have a POSITIVE effect on performance.
The real charm of the car, IMO, is how it looks and handles. An LS1 is only marginally heavier, but properly done, will still sit well behind the front axle and low enough that it shouldn't affect f/r balance or polar moment. Ideally, if I could keep my current (mostly stock) FD and then find a rolling chassis, I'd be on the phone with these guys:
http://hinsonsupercars.com/
:)

A better site to go to is grannysspeedshop.com it has the complete kit for a lower price.

I don't know about that... A piston in an RX-7? It is just not an RX anymore. I love the car mostly becouse of it's special engine. I certainly couldn't do it...

anarchistchiken said:
Theres a difference between the 2nd and 3rd gen engines?

yes, 2nd gen had the s4 and s5 engines, which where n/a, and single turbo 13b. the 3rd gen was a twin turbo 13b. the s4 compression and rotors are different from the tII rotors. and im pretty sure there is higher compression in the 3rd gens.

peepsalot said:
Holy crap that pricing is nuts.

There used to be a shop here in KY that would do the 20B 3 rotor swap for 28k. Talk about a deal.

there is a LS1 swapped 7 in Louisville and the fit is beautiful and the power is pretty amazing, but ive been told the owner says the handling went to hell, but it makes a great straight line car.
Swaps are cool and all, but to put anything with pistons in a rotary powered car is just sacreligious IMO.

Alamo Rotary's 3 rotor conversion

3 Rotor Conversions Click to hear a 3 Rotor
Alamo Rotary 20B Conversion Price List
USED 3 ROTOR 20B ENGINE CORE
REBUILD 20B SHORT BLOCK
CNC MACHINE ROTORS (3)
MATCH THROTTLE BODY
CUSTOM MANIFOLD & ADAPTORS
ENGINE MANAGEMENT
FUEL INJECTORS
HIGH VOLUME FUEL PUMP
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
10MM SPARK PLUG WIRES
CUSTOM PULLEYS & BELTS
CUSTOM INTERCOOLER
HEAVY DUTY HIGH PERFORMANCE CLUTCH KIT
BILLET ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL
HEAVY DUTY ALUMINUM RADIATOR
MISC COOLING/BOOST HOSES & CLAMPS
OIL COOLER, MISC OIL LINES & FITTINGS
MISC OIL, FILTERS & GEAR LUBE
CUSTOM SUBFRAME
BATTERY DRY CELL
BATTERY INSTALLATION KIT
A/C RETROFIT PARTS

PARTS SUBTOTAL: $27010.00
LABOR 150 HOURS @ $60/HR 9000.00

PROJECT TOTAL: $36010.00 (Plus Tax)

Thats a steal!!!!!!

wow...... thats alot of money!!!!!

there is a guy in town that had a supercharged fc. blew the motor, and im buying his supercharger, but now he has a 350 in his fc. there are pics of it on vegasrotary.com

Back