User Guide for Mazda Handsfree ?

satwar

I can't figure out how to edit phone book entries on my 2013 Mazda CX-9. I've searched high and low with Google and no luck.

The new 2013 units allow upload and deletion of individual contacts now. Up to 1000. Just not editing of the data on the unit. Do this on your phone and do a quick reimport.

If you can load this url, it has the feature sets that work for the various phones. No text message interaction for the iphone yet, it seems.

http://www.mazdahandsfree.com/index.php?page=find&do=matrix&bycarrier=bycarrier&model=CX-9&year=2013&vehicle_id=884&manufacturer=130&carrier_id=&device_type=phone&archive=no&start=6

,..or you can google here www.MazdaUSA.com/bluetooth

Thats really too bad that the IPhone does not work with message interaction. I currently am using a Blackberry, and I can get my emails and txt's on the Mazda. Im switching in a month to an IPhone - I will really miss that feature. Doesnt make sense since the IPhone is supposed to have so many other features...

The new 2013 units allow upload and deletion of individual contacts now. Up to 1000. Just not editing of the data on the unit. Do this on your phone and do a quick reimport.

If you can load this url, it has the feature sets that work for the various phones. No text message interaction for the iphone yet, it seems.

http://www.mazdahandsfree.com/index.php?page=find&do=matrix&bycarrier=bycarrier&model=CX-9&year=2013&vehicle_id=884&manufacturer=130&carrier_id=&device_type=phone&archive=no&start=6

,..or you can google here www.MazdaUSA.com/bluetooth

Well--that's the problem. I don't need/want 1000 contacts in my car phone book; plus, I have over 2500 contacts on my phone--how am I supposed to import only 1000 of them anyway??? There's just NO VALID REASON that the only way to add a contact is to import your ENTIRE phone book.

Thats really too bad that the IPhone does not work with message interaction. I currently am using a Blackberry, and I can get my emails and txt's on the Mazda. Im switching in a month to an IPhone - I will really miss that feature. Doesnt make sense since the IPhone is supposed to have so many other features...
I was surprised too Bob. They say updates are coming, and that may be true, but have ANY updates ever been made available to owners thus far? The current mobile electronics trend will put pressure on Mazda to do this.

Agreed. No electronic updates since at least January. And your correct, with the new advancements in electronics, its going to be interesting on how you can 1) obtain updates for these and 2) how the regular Mazda service areas are going to deal with them. This is a new era for typical mechanics - dealing with the mobile electronic stuff.
That being said, i still really enjoy the improvemnts they offer. No more Sirius for me - it's all Pandora at a fraction of the cost.

You can still use Siri to read and respond to texts using BT. You just can't use the steering wheel button to activate it. If you can reach your iPhone home button, you can hold it down, activate Siri, and say "Read me that text". After she reads it, she will ask if you want to reply.

That's pretty good - I've been able to get her to send text at times. The only problem is she grabs total control of the bluetooth system and won't give it back to the radio. Noodling with those iphone audio functions while at speed is just as bad as texting... If i'm lucky I'll get to a traffic light where I can wrestle with it.

So far SIRI refuses to read any emails on the phone. Too bad. That will be much more useful to me that texting.

That's pretty good - I've been able to get her to send text at times. The only problem is she grabs total control of the bluetooth system and won't give it back to the radio. Noodling with those iphone audio functions while at speed is just as bad as texting... If i'm lucky I'll get to a traffic light where I can wrestle with it.

So far SIRI refuses to read any emails on the phone. Too bad. That will be much more useful to me that texting.

In my Lexus, if I hit the phone hang up button, it gets rid of Siri, and goes back to the radio. I haven't tried it in the Mazda.

I think even switching the mode and power buttons didn't work. Had to actually open an iphone audio app and look for that tiny bluetooth symbol.

If you find something better, please post it.

Back