Used prices?

I've been browsing the local "For Sale" ads and have noticed that used 3s are getting super expensive. I'm thinking of trading in my car for a newer one and have even gone around to dealerships asking about prices. I'm getting a lot of "they're such good fuel-savers so we can't go down on the price." Is $14-15,000 reasonable for a 2006/07 3 with some miles on it?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ds=25&seller_type=b&cardist=27&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ds=25&seller_type=b&cardist=79&standard=false

When i got mine about 6 months ago now it had 44K on it. Mine is an 08 2.3L I paid 12,000 plus finance charges (NO DEALERS FEE) so total about 13.5K for it. soo.... id say you can find better.

Used car prices typically go up in the spring. This year they have gone up more than
usual, good used cars are in short supply. Probably due to the sliggish economy and
people keeping cars longer than they did a few years ago.

Also gas prices are high and small cars will bring more money than they did a few
months ago.

Clifton

Used car prices typically go up in the spring. This year they have gone up more than
usual, good used cars are in short supply. Probably due to the sliggish economy and
people keeping cars longer than they did a few years ago.

Also gas prices are high and small cars will bring more money than they did a few
months ago.

Clifton

Yeah man tell about it. Used prices have gone up a lot. It looks like nobody is buy new cars anymore :(

im right there with you, I took a 2k negative equity hit when I got my 08 mazda3 but now trade in shows as 14500 which is what I owe...which means I could get into a new car...thing is...I want a 2012 mazda2 with the Sky engine thatll get 45+ mpg but they dont come until the fall..hopefully the used prices stay high.

I agree. Which is actually silly considering you tend to get a better deal when you buy a used car that is 2-3 years old and has a few miles one it. i am completely against the idea of buying a new car not becuase they are over priced but more becuase you lose like 3 grand of its value soon as you drive it off the lot. with that being said i will probably only have one or two new cars thruought my lifetime and those would belong to my wife (if and when i get one:p).

Back