Used CX-50 Extended Warranty Question

If I buy a used CX50 can I still get the Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty for new cars if it only has 8,000 miles ? It’s at a nearby Mazda dealer. Thanks

If I buy a used CX50 can I still get the Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty for new cars if it only has 8,000 miles ? It’s at a nearby Mazda dealer. Thanks

I believe that you can. If you've decided on the car and you want to move to the negotiating phase, ask if it has any factory warranty remaining (it will) and they will inevitably tell you about the extended warranty. Play dumb about it, ask how much it costs and then act like it's too expensive and wave it off. When you get to the finance manager, they'll probably try to sell it to you, and at that point you can try to negotiate the cost of the warranty down. Aim for half of the price they initially quote for you, but pay whatever you're comfortable with. Good luck!

If you opt to buy one, know that they're very negotiable. They would rather sell you one at a reduced price than none at all.

Make sure the extended warranty is by Mazda. They might bait and switch with 3rd party companies. Just be aware.

Think about how long you intend to keep the vehicle, and how many miles you think you'll put on it.
For example, if you're going to trade it in say, 5 years, don't buy the warranty.

OP.
Ext warranty carries very high profit margin.
i.e. cost of a $2k plan costs about $1k to the dealer.
Negotiate hard !!!

Are you buying CPO? Power train warranty should go out 100k miles on these, I'm not sure of the time restraints.

If you are getting a CPO it has an extra warranty, which you an probably still add to. If you are buying a vehicle that is not certified the finance office will offer you extended service contract coverage. A used vehicle doesn't usually qualify for the same policy as a newly purchased vehicle, but there will be one available, and very likely Mazda has one. Coverage wise there won't be any large differences. Dealerships have different service contracts and often have relationships with third-party companies. Some dealers do not offer the Mazda contract first so if you want one you will need to ask. All this will be presented to you by the dealership finance manager.

Back