US Diesel's big splash introduction

No need to get defensive.

Xeler8 is one of the nicest people on here.

Thanks for chiming in. I just think I have a legitimate complaint with Mazda but instead of getting any understanding there is someone very willing to pee in my cornflakes. But I guess this is the Internet and there is always someone happy to take that role.

Thanks for chiming in. I just think I have a legitimate complaint with Mazda but instead of getting any understanding there is someone very willing to pee in my cornflakes. But I guess this is the Internet and there is always someone happy to take that role.
I think you are reading far more into this than you need to.

Yes you have a legitimate complaint. The way Mazda has handled the CX-5 diesel in NA has been terrible.

No need to take it out on Xeler8, he's just trying to be helpful in his suggestions. He saw that since you bought a different car, it doesn't hurt to update your description. Nothing more. No one here is "pissing in your cornflakes".

I think you are reading far more into this than you need to.

Yes you have a legitimate complaint. The way Mazda has handled the CX-5 diesel in NA has been terrible.

No need to take it out on Xeler8, he's just trying to be helpful in his suggestions. He saw that since you bought a different car, it doesn't hurt to update your description. Nothing more. No one here is "pissing in your cornflakes".

Actually I am still in the honeymoon phase with my choice. Here is how it could go and why no one needs to micromanage my profile.

a. My honeymoon phase could end in disaster with a broken engine or whatever
b. Mazda could finally introduce the CX-5 Diesel while I am being disappointed
c. I could end up buying a CX-5 Diesel after all, even though one does not exist today in North America

Actually I am still in the honeymoon phase with my choice. Here is how it could go and why no one needs to micromanage my profile.

c. I could end up buying a CX-5 Diesel after all, even though one does not exist today in North America

I'm sure you're fun at parties.

Have a nice evening.

I’m sure you will be happy with the BMW. Its a fine machine. This is a Mazda forum though.

Thanks I appreciate that. I just think that it was important to share my story in case someone was interested. Funny how the truth seems to make some people uncomfortable. Mazda annoyed me today with that email and I had an opinion about it.

X does have a way of poking...and btw I see his poke was later edited (maybe adding the wink) but whatever..sometimes if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, maybe don't say it?

I saw this mail from Mazda and was excited and pissed in 5sec also.. Anyway gl with the bimmer and I certainly understand the decision to not wait anymore even though I think I'd have chosen the 2T gas motor in that application...but..range I get it!! I was getting ~24mpg over 150miles in my 430ix gran coupe I had as a loaner last weekend so that only gets worse in a heavier, less aero x3.

It seems like it was going to be exciting news. I had signed up with Mazda for updates to the CX-5 diesel coming out for 2017. Yes that's what Mazda said 2017 so I waited patiently. Today I get an email from Mazda and guess what? It tells me about their new corporate strategies, the new Mazda6, something, something but not one word about the CX-5 diesel.

I would have been upset but I gave up and bought something else a month ago. Still learning about all the features on my BMW X3 28d diesel and really enjoying it. Every fill up I do a test run towards home that is flat and fairly straight and 18 miles long. My 4200 lb sled with all the wind resistance of a barn door gets 51 mpg on these fun runs.

I don't think you will see that sort of return overall, on a run I've see 55mpg uk on a couple of occasions, but my average is nearer 36mpg.

I don't think you will see that sort of return overall, on a run I've see 55mpg uk on a couple of occasions, but my average is nearer 36mpg.

Yes that is true. That test run will only be a baseline for measuring the general health of the car from time to time. I am also comparing the trip computer data with old fashioned manual calcs. My preliminary opinion is that the trip computer may be a little optimistic and that my average mix of city/highway (in other words, real world) is closer to 35-36 mpg. That is still way better than the EPA rating for mixed driving at 30 mpg.

X does have a way of poking...and btw I see his poke was later edited (maybe adding the wink) but whatever..sometimes if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, maybe don't say it?

I saw this mail from Mazda and was excited and pissed in 5sec also.. Anyway gl with the bimmer and I certainly understand the decision to not wait anymore even though I think I'd have chosen the 2T gas motor in that application...but..range I get it!! I was getting ~24mpg over 150miles in my 430ix gran coupe I had as a loaner last weekend so that only gets worse in a heavier, less aero x3.

Thanks Monty, if you become a high volume poster like him at least some of those posts turn out to be clunkers.

No one here is "pissing in your cornflakes".

there is someone very willing to pee in my cornflakes. But I guess this is the Internet and there is always someone happy to take that role.

I'm a Honey Bunches of Oats guy myself.....Hey I thought Canada been having the CX-5 2.2D?

I'm a Honey Bunches of Oats guy myself.....Hey I thought Canada been having the CX-5 2.2D?

The CX-5 Diesel was my first choice for over a year. I am on the "callback" list of 3 dealers and I used to stare at the phone all day long until I decided another alternative was necessary. The dealers may be more disappointed than me, one of them showed me multiple pages of customers waiting for diesel.

Go Coyotes !

Well, one can hope haha. I also read 2000 posts telling me a diesel couldn’t pass CARB and Mazda pulled the plug on the SkyactivD up until 4 Weeks ago when it passed CARB. I think these three options -that all exist- debuting at the same time isn’t too lofty of an expectation. :Fingers crossed:, anyways

If you can pass CARB you can pass anything....Ask VW LOL.

Seriously though a Diesel CX-5 would be tempting. 310lb ft of torque at 2000rpm. But dynos and ass cheeks rejoice.

If you can pass CARB you can pass anything....Ask VW LOL.

Seriously though a Diesel CX-5 would be tempting. 310lb ft of torque at 2000rpm. But dynos and ass cheeks rejoice.

Perhaps you might get offered the 190ps version with 450nm, on sale in japan and Australia.

Latest posts

Back