US Diesel's big splash introduction

Wasn't there an EPA or Crash test data that showed an AWD Mazda6 was tested... I am still thinking we might see a Mazda 6 AWD wagon variant to compete with the new Buick Regal TourX Wagon.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/28/2018-buick-regal-tourx-pricing/

There was crash test data for a 2018 AWD Mazda6, but it has since been taken off the website. I'll be really surprised if they unveil the wagon tomorrow, but with the recent arrivals of wagons to North America (there's also the beautiful Jag wagon), this might be a possibility. I just hope they will find a way to combine the AWD with the turbo on a Mazda6, regardless if it is in wagon form or not.

Whatever it is I just got the call so I'm heading down to NYC tomorrow. Fine I didn't but I am going down on Mon (barring a post Easter Noreaster:)) and just got an email about the new 6 @NYIAS...and something else- big apparently! Big splash??? As long as it relates to compression ignition- be it pure or spark assisted I'll be pretty fkn stoked! And again even if they want to tell me the diesel maybe donzo'd in favor of fast tracking sky-x into the CX-5..totally cool w/that.(birthday)

You might get info on SkyActiv-X but as to being placed into the CX-5... that will be after the 3 gets it

Heres the full text of the email I got. Maybe they could throw in CarPlay as a bone?

Mark your calendar. We've got big news.

Were live streaming our exclusive press eventright from the New York Auto Showright to you. Be one of the first to hear about Mazda's exciting new product reveals, new technology and so much more. Let the anticipation begin.

Be sure to mark your calendar and tune in to see and hear it all on Wednesday, March 28 at 12:30 p.m. PST / 3:30 p.m. EST.

http://www.ustream.tv/MazdaLIVE

I think the new CX-X or whatever..as long as they tack on some diesel or sky-x updates.. AA and carplay pretty much a lock.

GT signature trim in red breaks 36k..remote start still extra? Cmon guys..gt reserve looks pretty good. 2.5t std gt trim and above

GT or GT reserve @32590 w/dest looks pretty damn nice for 2018 $..but where oh where is my awd!!

Basically everything in cx5 gt premium plus vented seats and a turbo motor for +575. Loaded fwd cx5s just became silly imo..oh boy

C'mon SkyActiv Diesel!
Don't let us down tomorrow Mazda.

I highly doubt this. Mazda would be incredibly stupid to announce the diesel now. Dealers have been told nothing and don't have them on their order sheets. But honestly, thinking about it, this would be a typical Mazda move!

My money is still on the Mazda 6 Signature. The lighting on the front grill is the "signature" of the signature models and that is what the video shows. Mazda's big new "news" will be their old news.

Well, you can now build the Mazda 6 signature with the 2.5T on the Mazda web-site. So I wonder if it is just this. And the cost is only 36K, which is not bad for that car!

In the past 24 hours I have been emailed twice by Mazda. The key thing I take from these emails is that they are really hyping the announcement today. If they were ever going to release the diesel this would be the day. The big email claim is:

Mark your calendar. We’ve got big news.

So I am going to watch the livestream video and hope I am not disappointed after.

I think they're announcing a new model, the big news can't be 6 sig..A) we've known about it for months B) the 6 isn't 'big'...that said I like it other than fwd only..but I'm also not very optimistic anymore on a diesel update but maybe they'll surprise me.

Back