US Diesel's big splash introduction

Apparently you guys are getting it sometime between September-November 2017

The point of the thread...Mazda is going to give the diesel a red carpet intro here by rolling out unlimited mileage coverages vs the current as they did north of the border a few MYs ago. It should be noted that this is both highly speculative and optimistic but that's what my tea leave readings have led me to conclude.

The point of the thread...Mazda is going to give the diesel a red carpet intro here by rolling out unlimited mileage coverages vs the current as they did north of the border a few MYs ago. It should be noted that this is both highly speculative and optimistic but that's what my tea leave readings have led me to conclude.

**crossing fingers**

Thanks.

VW announced their warranty coverage for their new Tiguan CUV and Atlas SUV. That its bumper-to-bumper, and transferable with the car, should be a big deal for resale value. Too bad no diesels.

http://media.vw.com/release/1366/

VOLKSWAGEN LAUNCHES AMERICAS BEST SUV BUMPER-TO-BUMPER TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY ON 2018 VOLKSWAGEN ATLAS AND TIGUAN
Apr 11, 2017
Six-year/72,000-mile bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty beats all peers

Didn't know that about VW- that's how off my radar they are now ie dead to me..cheaters never win and they will NEVER win my business..dirty rotten scoundrels- their cars/service mostly suck anyway so its a good thing to not even consider them imo.

Your warranty seems piddly compared to even the UK's one:

USA - 3yrs/36000 miles
UK - 3yrs/60000 miles

Baring the BT-50 Ute here, all Mazda's come with 3yrs unlimited km warranty.

Think Mazda USA needs to have a serious re-think about there strategies, policies etc. Would be good if around the time of the diesel's release there, they at least change the warranty specifics.

So 20000 CX-5 sales predicted in 1 year from Diesels - based on Land Rover diesel offerings and percentage?
Thats not half bad - not sure if the train has already passed for future version of CX-9 and 6 diesels.
I think a 6 diesel will just hit 45 mph on freeway. That would be stunning.

So 20000 CX-5 sales predicted in 1 year from Diesels - based on Land Rover diesel offerings and percentage?
Thats not half bad - not sure if the train has already passed for future version of CX-9 and 6 diesels.
I think a 6 diesel will just hit 45 mph on freeway. That would be stunning.
From a fuel economy perspective, yeah the Mazda6/Mazda3 can stand to gain the most with a diesel engine.

diesel Mazda 6 would be YUUUGE for Mazda.
great fuel mileage, good torque, gets them back in the game in that segment

Diesel Wagon!!! wooot.
Do diesels in US still qualify for any Tax breaks or alternate energy rebate? In 09 they used to - about 1800 max.
Would be nice to see tax benefit atleast.

Diesel Wagon!!! wooot.

I wanted that diesel wagon they promised ~4 years(?) ago.

Give me diesel CX-7! A Jaguar F Pace 20d alternative for those that don't want to spend $70K.; a shortened, no third row of seating, CX-9. With about 35' of cargo storage, a real factory towing package with 2" hitch, and 5 Star safety+ rating.

I'd need a clean up in my pants if they announced a diesel 6 wagon with the stick in North America.

Latest posts

Back