Urgent help help help! Tire Size on MP5!

Togan

My Blueberry Pie P5
Contributor
:
2010 M3 GT SPORT
Im getting 215/40/17 tires tomorrow for my p5 but the vendor said the rear might rub little bit if its 215s with weight at the back, is this true?!!?!(dunno):eek:(sad2)

its going to rub even with 16's with weight in the back. i had 215/40/17's before, they only rub if you go to fast over a speedbump or potholes. oh and if you have your fat mom in the back,lol

so waiting on questionable answers from people you've never met is 'quicker' than doing 5 minutes of research?

Anyway, I'm on 215/40-17s w/ 17x7s +42. Because of the low offset, I do occasionally rub. If you run a +50, you shoud be fine. And when I say 'rub' I mean that .0001123" of material left over from when the tire is made is shaved off the side lol

Togan said:
ok rogue, everytime i ask something you slap that thread on my face, truth is i needed answers real quick!
well, maybe you should check that thread before asking another question that's been asked over and over again.

next time, research before you buy so you're not stuck with something you don't want/need. trust me, I've wasted plenty of money on mistakes like that.

aMaff said:
so waiting on questionable answers from people you've never met is 'quicker' than doing 5 minutes of research?

Anyway, I'm on 215/40-17s w/ 17x7s +42. Because of the low offset, I do occasionally rub. If you run a +50, you shoud be fine. And when I say 'rub' I mean that .0001123" of material left over from when the tire is made is shaved off the side lol
same same here its 42mm offset on 215/40/17 17x7, so far on my way back home it didnt rub at all

Back