upping boost

msp1986

:
Sunlight Silver 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #1986
ok guys i know this has probably been asked a few times and if theres another thread that describes it in detail please redirect me. I am thinking about turning up the boost a little bit probably no higher than 10 or 11, i know our cars are glass and wont take anymore. i was wondering what mods i need and what to do before i do this, also what boost controller you recommend, and whether some sort of AFC/ Tune is necessary..

2003.5 Sunlight Silver #1986 (driven at altitude in Denver)

My Current Mods:
-ATP Wastegate
-Catless 2 and 3/4 inch custom exhaust with hi flow resonator and apexi muffler, stock downpipe and j pipe
-Custom 2.5 inch hard piping kit all the way around
-JDM Power FMIC
-Injen SRI
-Blitz DD BOV
-Autometer Boost and Oil pres gauges
-Turbo Timer
-optima yellow top

Recently Done
-Coolant Flush with new OEM Radiator
-Oil Change with Semi Synthetic 5w20
-NGK +1 Platinum plugs
-All new vac Lines
-Fuel system cleaning
-everything has recently been tightened up (manifolds flanges etc.)

Trying to be VERY Specific to get the best advice possible
thanks in advance guys

IDK it looks like your ready for an AFC, you can make more power by tuning over just raising the boost. Raising the boost is fun but this motor is not the strongest.

AFC, that's my next mod besides lowering springs.

Springs, intake and exhaust were installed the first day I owned the car. Well if intake is just a generic cone filter over the MAF.

turn that boost up! if you live in fear all your life you will never get to experience anything. if it breaks fix it, that is the name of the game. but if you are too scared to turn up the boost then just play it safe like EVERYONE else. now i'm not saying to go crazy and turn it up to like 15psi or anything i used to run 10psi with just and intake and an apexi j-pipe with an open cutout and a wagner FMIC. after i got the SSAFC and other mods,i turned it up to 12 and tuned for it.

i would say dont go past 8psi if you dont want your engine to blow up but u could always take a chance it might run fine

It is going to depend how well the car has been taken care of but, i have been running 9psi for 1.5 years now and about 50-60k miles with not a single problem. Just get your supporting mods and hope for the best.

Back