Upgrading my sounds in a Protege5

Well I am looking to do an upgrade to my Protege5, basically upgrading my front and rear speakers for now, head unit later on.

Now on to the obvious, i am oblivious to car audio so can someone provide some easy steps to start out with.

First of all, speaker sizes and what to really look for?

i cant remember exactly what size the speakers are but if you buy new speakers and you dont have a new head unit to go along with it your not gonna get the full effect, it wont sound like what it sounded like in the store because i doubt the stock head unit will put out as much as an aftermarket one.

Stickies are a wonderful thing. So we don't have to repeat ourselves over and over again, please read them...

Audio FAQ
Speaker Sizes, Harnesses, and Kits of all Mazdas!
Rear Speaker Discussion
NEW: The $500 Audio Challenge!!!!!
The $1000 Audio Challenge!!!!!

My brief recommendation? Save your pennies until you have between $400-500 to spend. Start with an amp and speakers for the front and maybe add a subwoofer. Forget about upgrading the rear speakers. The head unit can come later but for now you can use an amp with an onboard LOC or pick up a basic LOC from DavidNavone.com. If you don't know what a LOC is, start reading above.

Back