upgrade / replace brake system

all I know is that I just replaced the pads on my brakes today and they're a pain in the ass. for real. I wanted to cry.

end of story.

Check the how-to link in my sig

all I know is that I just replaced the pads on my brakes today and they're a pain in the ass. for real. I wanted to cry.

end of story.

not to be an ass but I take it you dont work on cars much.. pads are easy. shoes on the other hand I hate but their not that hard.

What you linked looks ok but is not necessary.

If you want great brakes I would recommend the following:
-Hawk HPS pads for all four corners
-Get some kind of SS brake lines, either the goodrige ones you linked or the ones from corksport
-4 blank rotors from a good company, brembo makes very good ones for a great price.
-Get new brake fluid and do a complete flush with the new fluid

I have slotted rotors and see no actual need for them being slotted, when I replace mine next time I will be using the brembo blank rotors.

What you linked looks ok but is not necessary.

If you want great brakes I would recommend the following:
-Hawk HPS pads for all four corners
-Get some kind of SS brake lines, either the goodrige ones you linked or the ones from corksport
-4 blank rotors from a good company, brembo makes very good ones for a great price.
-Get new brake fluid and do a complete flush with the new fluid

I have slotted rotors and see no actual need for them being slotted, when I replace mine next time I will be using the brembo blank rotors.

thanks a lot.
where to get the brembo rotos though?

end of story.

Yeah, it's kind hard the first time - the first time I changed my pads I was trying to remove the entire caliper until I realized I could just remove the bottom bolt and swing the caliper up.

Ah well, no pain no gain :)

I thought I saw drilled/slotted rotors on rockauto.com a week ago for about $65 but don't see them anymore. (confused)

I recommend ceramic pads if you can get them. I got mine locally for around $60 (front). I'm sure you could find them cheaper online.

poison pmed me this link

www.importrp.com

i bought mine from there, price is good, but when i got it, it was poorly packaged in a non professional box(said hashbrowns on the side)

but the pads/rotors are easy just that bolts are very hard to get loose.(i suggest to get a breaker bar)

I had Brembo c/s rotors/Hawk HPS pads/Goodridge lines setup & they lasted for 75k. Pads wore evenly, rotors were toast - not enough to turn but were not warped. Great action, superb stopping. Only issue was minor dusting but if you wash the car at least once every 2-3 weeks it wasn't anything major. Now have different c/s rotors, F1 IIRC, with some Lomandi kevlar/mettallic pads. Same great stopping but with less dust action. About 10k on those with no noise issues & wear on rotors is not noticeable yet.

be careful when you are trying to buy cheap brake pads online.. just know that there are no safety standards for making brake pads and nothing to regulate how cheaply they are made.... do you really want to make the main safety feature on your car something cheap?

Check the how-to link in my sig

not to be an ass but I take it you dont work on cars much.. pads are easy. shoes on the other hand I hate but their not that hard.

it was only the second time I have done it on my own since high school. besides, I didnt want to get my pretty pink, newly manicured nails all scratched up.

(crazy)

it was only the second time I have done it on my own since high school. besides, I didnt want to get my pretty pink, newly manicured nails all scratched up.

(crazy)

you are a chic right?? just asking? where in tx? there are people all over on here who would be willing to help BTW.......

you are a chic right?? just asking? where in tx? there are people all over on here who would be willing to help BTW.......

Fort Hood...not too far from Austin.

I had a friend over see me do it, and he helped a lot...I wanted to do as much by myself as I could. Didnt change the fact that it was a real pain in the butt.

Ya, I'm a chick.

Fort Hood...not too far from Austin.

I had a friend over see me do it, and he helped a lot...I wanted to do as much by myself as I could. Didnt change the fact that it was a real pain in the butt.

Ya, I'm a chick.

(rockon) but pads are one of the easiest things to do as long as you have the right tools.....'cept for oil.....and after the first time you do it.....

yeah killeen is only an hour....sometimes it takes longer than that to get around austin. i'm up there once or twice a month to visit friends

edit: i'm gonna be rebuilding and repainting my calipers, and replacing brake pads, rotors, lines(to SS) in a month or so along with redoing my rims.....yell if ya ever need help....i have just about any tool needed to work on a car 'cept for a lift and a garage to do it in

Last edited:
poison pmed me this link

www.importrp.com

i bought mine from there, price is good, but when i got it, it was poorly packaged in a non professional box(said hashbrowns on the side)

but the pads/rotors are easy just that bolts are very hard to get loose.(i suggest to get a breaker bar)

Dude, those were restaurant quality hash browns. Please.

(naughty) How does the new setup compare to stock?

Tripoint has the deals on brakes

I thought I saw drilled/slotted rotors on rockauto.com a week ago for about $65 but don't see them anymore. (confused)

I recommend ceramic pads if you can get them. I got mine locally for around $60 (front). I'm sure you could find them cheaper online.

Why so hard for you?

Dude, she's explained this already several times. It is hard for some people the first few times they do it, especially if they haven't worked on brakes before. No need to keep asking this question (no)

Latest posts

Back