Upgrade parts for the MSP

Hell yeah Spoolin what ever you make for improvements to the MSP you can put my name on the list of buyers. From what I hear you make quality stuff and Those mods you mentioned are just what the MSP needs.

As for us workin with mazda...........fat chance, thats a huge corporation that bases there decissions on money. They dont want the optimum part that makes the best power ect becuase it is not cost effective for them. That is what I call job security. As long as companies make cars this way, people like us can easily improve them.

As far as the clunk issue? Which one is that? Maybe we can work something out

And thanks for the responses guys.......keep uhmm cummin

As for the car the "other car" dont wanna jinx it but its not a mazda.......its a Mitsu(laugh)

spoolinmp3 said:
And thanks for the responses guys.......keep uhmm cummin

As for the car the "other car" dont wanna jinx it but its not a mazda.......its a Mitsu(laugh)

Loser!:p

HAHA, J/K!!!:p :p

If I do buy an MSP, I would be very interested in the parts you mentioned. If I could get the car running 200-210whp, I'd be more than happy.

An Evo is a great car. I personally would feel like a kid in a candy store if I ever got to drive one. But as it stands I dont have 30+g to drop on another car yet. but to appeal to the masses at this site I would stick to the msp.

i would buy parts for the msp, and you know that if you are the only company that is making aftermarket upgrades for the msp (a car that is bought by car nuts and people that want a modified car) that msp owners will buy damn near everythign you produce

i would buy parts for the msp, and you know that if you are the only company that is making aftermarket upgrades for the msp (a car that is bought by car nuts and people that want a modified car) that msp owners will buy damn near everythign you produce

Very good point

as tempting as the evo might be. I am a mazda boy at heart.
I think I have made my decision. I think I may get an MSP:)

Come on man, the EVO is a much better car. I've almost 100% decided on getting the EVO. I'm just going to wait until they have been out for a year before buying one. Maybe by then spool-turbo wil have some parts for me.:D

MSP? why...? Get the EVO, but dont leave us alone, we need you to have our cars in every issue of performance magazines.
To let everyone say when they see one "Hey man, look at the mods, he has a spoolin' kit, thats sick..."

Im going overtime again to get a turbo kit.

HELL YEAH

spoolinmp3 said:

Very good point

as tempting as the evo might be. I am a mazda boy at heart.
I think I have made my decision. I think I may get an MSP:)

ONE MORE FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!!!!!!:D :D :D

PLEASE MAKE AFTERMARKET PARTS AND EXPLOIT THIS CAR TO ITS FULLEST STREETABLE POTENTIAL !!! I'LL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON TO BUY THEM .. LOL

1st question....
Why not do both? Start with the MSP, then the EVO after it comes out.But if you can do only one.... Numbers wise the EVO is a better, faster car but MSP owners want, hell, they NEED more power to keep up with the cars phenominal handling. Help us be as fast as the EVO, and i'd rather fly a repituble tuner's colours than my local do everything custom fabricator. It would be mint to have every aspect of my performance upgrades tuned together to ensure smooth compatibility.

Remember, a large % of EVO owners will buy the car because it's fast already, and won't give a thought to doing any upgrade. On the other hand, probably 90% of MSP owners will buy 100% of your products, me definately being one of them.

It looks like Mazda's going into the real "zoom-zoom" era and although the MSP wont last forever your rep built through it will for future Mazda owners.

Good luck..

The problem with the EVO is this. Initially there will be 5000 units comming in the first year. I know of atleast 10 companies that are on stand buy to produce products. The market is already saturated and the damn car did not come out yet. On the other end the EVO buyer is more affluent and can afford to buy more stuff. But the MSP is a market I am familiar with and I have been succesful with turbo mazda's since the early 90's. I like mazda's and there should not be to much competition in the market. Realistically if we produce products it will be within a couple of months. First we need to get the car. Then we need to develop and test the products. This does not happen overnight.
Finnaly we can release the products.

Thanks again for your input on this guys. Its forums like these that help people get what they want for there cars. If there is anything else you guys would like for your cars let me know.
Thanks again guys

Which ever one you get I know you guys will be successful with it because you are doing what you love to do. Anytime you go to work and you love your job you will be very successful. This car got me back into cars again. I always loved working on cars in highschool, but after joining the military, I became too busy to get inot them again. But the MP3 changed all that. I found my love again. But now college is getting in the way, so I have to put my love on hold again. But I still plan on getting rid of the MP3 in a year or year and a half. Just as soon as I owe less than it's worth, it's gone. As of right now, it's either the EVO, a used Audi TT Quatro, or a WRX. But who knows what will be out in 1.5 years. No matter what car I get, I'm still going to keep in touch with you Terry because you are like my "Library of Congress" of car information. Anyway, good luck with the car. Oh yeah, what color do you want? I like the black better. It would look mean with some carbon fiber parts.

MSP is $20,500
Lancer EVO VIII is $35,000
WRX STi will be $35,000

I think I will be quite happy with my MAZDASPEED! Coming from a '99 Nissan Sentra SE Limited w/140hp, I'm gaining 30hp, plus much more. It depends on your needs, I guess. I call it usable power.
I'm not 'going racing' perse, although I do plan on attending a driving school. I'm certainly not interested in street racing. I will consider MAZDASPEED upgrade components when available, but really, I don't feel the need for a lot more power. This MSP is such a great package as it is. I'm 48, and this is my daily driver. It's just the right car for me.

Cheers!! :cool: :D :cool:

Last edited:
(bow) Yes ... Yes...Make the parts ..... Give us parts .... We need upgrades .... We must have parts ..... Upgrades good .... Can't have too much of a good thing.

Back