Updates

akhilleus

Well I have posted some pics
http://www2.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72885
and will be posting more
Also I bought a stock ThrottleBody on ebay... would have gotten a silver powdercoated IM but someone, who i am not happy with, overbid me by alot... So i am also wondering about TB porting...How big should i go? Do I need the butterfly machined or replaced to accomodate the larger diamater TB? What is the maximum i can go in regards to the TB porting?

corksport sells a bigger throttle body but everything i have heard points to the direction of it not being very effective. give it a shot and let us know what you come up with. on a carbureted car or a car with a less fascist ECU this kind of mod would make big gains, i'm just skeptical that it would do much for our cars.

how much did you pay for the stock TB on ebay?

with the tb 3mm is what i've heard (i beleive the corksport tb is just a bored stock tb), but you may be able to go 4mm...but that would be the absolute limit. when porting dont forget to keep the same velocity stack design - ie the opening is larger than where the butterfly sits.

and yes, you'll need a new butterfly plate

you'd have to get one made up.

when i bored the TB on my last car i bought a butterfly plate off another car. it didnt fit because the angle the plate closes is different from car to car (usually)

What car did u get the butterfly plate from? How would i find out the butterfly plate sizes of different cars? Can I have the butterfly plate milled to be thinner and less of an obstruction at WOT? And in terms of velocity stack design u mean that where the plate is is a smaller diameter than the rest of the TB?

i actually got the butterfly plate off a webber carb. but it had an closed angle of about 8 degrees where my civic had a closed angle of 6 degrees. i had to get a new plate CNC machined to fit perfectly. trust me when i say you want it to fit perfectly. my civic idled like a dog noe second and then at 2000rpm the next before i got the plate fixed up.

the butterfly plate made thinner - dont worry about it. the biggest retriction is the bar the plate connects to (as it's thicker). you could make it more aero by having it machined to a wing shape (dont know what it's called, but it looks like a wing) and that'll help, but probably not worth the money for a very small gain.

a velocity stack - the opening of the TB is larger than the connection to the intake manifold. it just speeds up the air. the stock tb has an opening of 58mm and t tapers down to 55mm at the butterfly. you should be able to increase the opening to 61mm and to 58mm at the butterfly ok. if you can, make the opening as large as possible.

Hey thanks for the info twilight, I will look into it as soon as i receive the TB. The ebay link also looks promising...especially since they powdercoat too. hmmmm..

dude, you need to buy that im i got from little beavis, vics removed, "kinda" ported/port matched by nick k, $150 + shipping ?!?!?!?!?!?

Uh oh....that sounds tempting....is that the 626 manifold? Nick K offered that to me for $100 actually... And its kinda ported cause the 626 manifold is matched to the head inlets unlike ours. I will pm u wrench.

nah, it's a 3rd gen/5 stock mani, and that should have been VTCS removed, damn me for making the cursed mistake that I hate so much to see others make. :p Make me an offer,it's all packed up ready to go, I've already had one buyer back out (not you Jamie). There's a pic on here somewhere in the for sale section.

Does anybody know if a T/B from a 2.0 will fit a 1.8??? I have found one for a 2.0 that was bored from 55mm to 60mm. Kinda sounds like the Corksport one but much cheaper in cost.

Back