Update to my problem child MS6

salth2o

:
06 MS6
Hey for all that have been following my saga regarding the extensive problems I have had with my Ms6 Sport....I am happy to report that I took delivery of a new Liquid Platinum MS6 GT yesterday.

I hope and pray I have no problems with this car like the last.

I have noticed that the alignment on this car also appears to pull to the left at highway speeds.....is this the same on any of your cars. Since this is the second I have had and they both did that I am wondering if it is just the nature of the car, tires, or something?

Oh yeah forgot to mention the new car has the black and white leather interior. I love the way it looks, but for obvious reasons I am concerned about the white staying white. Anyone else have the white leather? any feedback about it staying white? What do you use to clean the white?

TIA

Glad to hear your situation was resolved. I hope this new car will be better for you. I have a GT and I love the leather etc. I have other vehicles if I want to feel like boy racer, this is my "mature" car. I don't have the problem with mine pulling to either side, alignment seems to be good. As for the leather, mine is black but I would imagine as long as you take care of yours (cleaning/conditioning periodically) you should be all right.

fill me in...what happened with your ms6 that they got you anew one? I'm pretty disappointed in mine after the reflash but love everything else.

I also have the black and white leather seats. I found that if you use a good auto leather cleaning product...it really helps to keep the colors true. Hope that helps.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your new MSP6 treats you well.
Lee.

salth2o said:
Oh yeah forgot to mention the new car has the black and white leather interior. I love the way it looks, but for obvious reasons I am concerned about the white staying white. Anyone else have the white leather? any feedback about it staying white? What do you use to clean the white?

TIA

I know everyone has different tastes, but that white on black leather makes me want to spazmatically vomit. Looks good in a Mercury Mariner, but not in a speed6. When I got mine I REALLY wanted silver but could only get a deal on one with white interior, I tried hard to like it, but in the end I couldnt stomach it so had to get Titanium. But if you like it that is all that matters. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Did they just refund your money, or just give you a New GT as an even trade. Good luck with your new car. I havent experienced any problems yet except some dissapointment over the reflash.

Like you say to each his own, actually it is one of the things I loved, just worried about keeping it white...Time will tell.

Damn, I am really going to have to avoid that re-flash thing if I can. What made you guys do it, as my dealer gave me the choice if I wanted to or not.

salth2o said:
Thanks for the sentament Lee, I have the Mcguires stuff...what do you use?

I use the Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner. Good stuff...smells good too.

I had my reflash done as I was told it was required by law. I didn't know it would screw things up until it was too late. ho hum....

Last edited:
Hey where you at in CO, grew up there and spent my first 26 years there. Still have a place in silverthorn, though I never get there.

Prob getting dumped on now with snow.

I'm in Highlands Ranch. In the last two weeks we have had two storms come through. Almost four and a half feet of snow later, my msp6 is still stuck in my garage.....(argh) ...although I love the snow, kinda looking forward to summer...

I'm glad things worked out! Whatever the outcome, it's good to know that you had faith in Mazda and sounds like your dealer was willing to work for your business.

As far as pulling to the left, my MS6 drove with NO pulling straight off the lot. My car did not have the recall done before delivery which is a big NO NO so my dealer was obligated to call me back to have it done.

Get the reflash done. You might feel a little less pull from launch but it's better than having a "sudden power loss" when you least expect it.

I found out this morning that the re-flash is already done to this car, which explains the reason I think it feels slower. Oh well, there is nothing I can do at this point....but it really feels slower.

salth2o said:
I found out this morning that the re-flash is already done to this car, which explains the reason I think it feels slower. Oh well, there is nothing I can do at this point....but it really feels slower.

How many miles on the new puppy??
I have had some strange pulling on mine too.
Seems to happen intermittently when accerlating on certain highways..??
I have 1400 miles on mine and am and still in love otherwise.(burnout) (butthump) (rockon) (rockon)

(rockon) (burp) (burp) (boom04) (cabpatch) (thumb) (iagree) (cabpatch)

(peep)

Have about 1000 miles on it now. The dealer had it for a while and rotated the tires and said this solved the problem. Have not really had a chance to check it yet.

salth2o said:
Have about 1000 miles on it now. The dealer had it for a while and rotated the tires and said this solved the problem. Have not really had a chance to check it yet.

Good to finally hear back from you...
What kind of MPG R U getting???
The poor mileage along with notcy shifting and the previously mentioned "pulling" have thankfully been my only ISSUES so far.
Keep in touch and please return my STAPler...(omg)

well, I still think it is pulling, but they say it is not and just torque steer and road ruts. I am not going to worry about it right now, to much other stuff on my plate. My milege is ok...about what I expected I think average of like 20mpg.

It is so cold here now that I have a problem if I put my parking brake on it seems when I get back in the car after a while, or overnight the brakes are freezing on. If I drive it for a while they loosen up, but this cant be good for the brakes??? Anyone else have this issue?

I also have a problem with my parking brake freezing. In cold weather, I just park in gear and don't use the parking brake (I don't like doing this, but I hate the alternative). The owners manual even mentions this problem. But, I don't remember what page and I don't have it with me right now.

Back