Unichip Info

23cavsfan

:
2003.5 Mazda MSP
I'm somewhat new to the forum, and I'm looking to gather info and feedback on the Unichip for my 2003.5 MSP. I've done a little browsing, but I don't feel like searching the tons and tons of threads to find out everything I need to know. Please advise me on how well this unit works. Does it cause the CEL to come on? Is there any danger to using it? My car is completely stock.

23cavsfan said:
I'm somewhat new to the forum, and I'm looking to gather info and feedback on the Unichip for my 2003.5 MSP. I've done a little browsing, but I don't feel like searching the tons and tons of threads to find out everything I need to know. Please advise me on how well this unit works. Does it cause the CEL to come on? Is there any danger to using it? My car is completely stock.

The unit works very well only you have to have a unichip authorised dealer make new maps for the car once you add mods. MPI Tuner allows you to change maps yourself which is good depending on how advanced u want to get with it. No it will not throw a cell and unichip is directly plug and play which makes it very easy to use. It is also very reliable as it adjusts timing and fuel to keep the car running correct even at the 10psi boost level. Hope that answered some of your questions. http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89457&highlight=unichip that is a link to info about the various EMS systems made for the msp

Great, thanks alot!
vcinsanity1523 said:
The unit works very well only you have to have a unichip authorised dealer make new maps for the car once you add mods. MPI Tuner allows you to change maps yourself which is good depending on how advanced u want to get with it. No it will not throw a cell and unichip is directly plug and play which makes it very easy to use. It is also very reliable as it adjusts timing and fuel to keep the car running correct even at the 10psi boost level. Hope that answered some of your questions. http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89457&highlight=unichip that is a link to info about the various EMS systems made for the msp

a bump for this thread. Does anyone that has a unichip know if a wideban a/f is needed or just a regular a/f gauge is fine?

there is no need for a wideband or narrowband o2 sensor with the unichip. all the tuning is done for you out of the box.

could someone post up the link for unichip's website? i remember seeing it in a thread once, but i can't seem to find it. thanks for your help.

Back