under the seat sub

dirtyz

anyone have any recommendations for a sub/amp combo to go underneath the seat of my P5? I just replaced the stock speakers, and am now looking for a little more umph...

or...

is there a place to put a sub that is out of the way?

if you had an 03.5, they offered on that fit in the spare tire from the factory...although it wasn't all that great.

an infinity basslink is a good little sub/amp...i loved mine.

i've been looking at the infinity basslink. Is it small enough to fit under a seat though? Where do you have yours at?

if you had an 03.5, they offered on that fit in the spare tire from the factory...although it wasn't all that great.

an infinity basslink is a good little sub/amp...i loved mine.

Was there a difference between the 03 and the 03.5?

i've been looking at the infinity basslink. Is it small enough to fit under a seat though? Where do you have yours at?

Doesn't seem like you'd be able to fit much under the driver/passenger seat.

I was seriously considering the Basslink, as it's an excellent sub for what it is. However, it definitely won't fit under the seat, which is why I'm putting off my purchase. Being our main vehicle, I love the convenience of being able to fold down the rear seats for those times when I need to haul oversized items home, and I am not willing to give up any of that precious cargo space to mount a sub enclosure.

I've heard great things about the Kenwood KSC-WA62RC (replaced by the KSC-SW10), but have not been able to find out if it'll fit under my seats, as I cannot find a local dealer who has it in stock. Although it has a lot less power than the Basslink, the fact that it is mounted directly under your seat and inside the car seems to make it sound bigger than it actually is. However, the Basslink is only $50 more, and is so much more sub for the money, that I'm truly torn.

You may want to check out the following comparisons yourself:

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/reviews/20040413/bass_reviews.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xyBd67...ompareItems=236XT110P&compareItems=108BASSLIN

http://blog.sonicelectronix.com/?p=412

Oh, please make sure to let me know when you've found the perfect solution!

Last edited:
You aren't going to be able to fit a sub under your seat, just not enough room. I was in the same predicament as you, I wanted full utility of the car with good sound. I put a 12" sub in my headliner and problem solved, no usable space taken up with a great sounding system.

anyone have any recommendations for a sub/amp combo to go underneath the seat of my P5? I just replaced the stock speakers, and am now looking for a little more umph...

or...

is there a place to put a sub that is out of the way?

One option you can look at is the stock sub from an MSP it.s out of the way, and it can be mounted in a P5... and I have an extra one lol.

One option you can look at is the stock sub from an MSP it.s out of the way, and it can be mounted in a P5... and I have an extra one lol.

How much? And wouldn't you have to relocate the rear speakers to the doors in order to be able to use this? With the amp and sub, I don't think there's enough room in the rear deck mount for another set of speakers....

How much? And wouldn't you have to relocate the rear speakers to the doors in order to be able to use this? With the amp and sub, I don't think there's enough room in the rear deck mount for another set of speakers....

how tall are the back speakers? the link to my FS thread is in my sig.

I had 6x9s and the sub deck in my car when I bought it. It also had about 12 different sets of speaker wires. I have no idea what he had in the car or if the previous owner had any idea on how to wire speakers.

Back