UK CX-5 Sport - Anyone installed a Pure Highway 300Di or Alpine EziDAB???

jimihat

:
Mazda CX5 Sport 2.2d (175) Nav Auto AWD
Just ordered my new CX5 Sport (UK); only downsides of the car for me were: lack of DAB option, no sunroof option, small center armrest (why so small Mazda?). For those outside the UK, DAB is our version of HD radio - UK CX5's only come with AM/FM.

I've been looking at the Pure Highway 300Di and the Alpine EziDAB. I know a good local guy that would do the install for 50 which seems fair but I don't particularly want an extra external aerial.

Anyone have any experience of these? anyone know of any option other than an external aerial that will give decent reception?

On the plus side it seems this also gives you an extra USB input so could stick a small hard drive in the glove box whilst keeping the usb in the center console for my iPhone 4S.

Any thoughts, experiences etc would be appreciated.

There is an antenna adapter you can use to retain the factory antenna. The part number is 12040HD10, which is usually described as a Honda adapter, but it does fit the CX-5 perfectly as well. Here is a link to the item at Crutchfield, but you can find these in other places as well.

There is an antenna adapter you can use to retain the factory antenna. The part number is 12040HD10, which is usually described as a Honda adapter, but it does fit the CX-5 perfectly as well. Here is a link to the item at Crutchfield, but you can find these in other places as well.

Thanks for that Trey, does that mean I would lose the antenna capability for the head unit FM radio though?

Ah yes, sorry. When I read your original post and saw "Alpine" I assumed you meant you were replacing the head unit, especially since I know that the stock antenna needs this adapter.

What about something like this? http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12040NI10/Antenna-Adapter.html
Put the stock in 1 end, put the DAB in the other?
x12040ni10-f.jpeg

That may do it I guess? Thanks for the tip!

I'd love to hear from anyone with first hand experience of the Pure or the Alpine.

AutoDab do a great piece of kit that gives DAB funtionality to standard head units without any visible equipment, available from Halfords for about 180 - unfortunately they don't do one for the CX5 and don't have any plans by the sound of things. :(

Thanks Gareth, great deal. Shame my car wont be here until October now!!! Looks a steal though at that price and 29 for fitting looks a bargain to me.

Back